Warm Spicy Peanut Soba Noodles
These Warm Spicy Peanut Soba Noodles are the perfect combination of sautéed veggies, warm soba noodles and spicy peanut sauce. A vegan dinner that is ready in just 30 minutes!
It is no secret that spicy peanut sauce is a staple ingredient in many TSV recipes.
And, a while back you may remember a similar recipe I shared with you – Soba Noodle Salad with Spicy Peanut Dressing. Today’s recipe is super similar EXCEPT we’re warming things up and serving this straight out of the pan.
I feel like with cold weather comes the need for hot food. And since we all need peanut sauce in our lives year round, I figured what better way to do that than with a warmed up noodle dish?
If you are still unsure about serving peanut butter over noodles, let me go ahead and sway you away from all of your doubts.
This peanut sauce comes from the combination of sweet and savory ingredients that when combined is totally mouthwatering. Simple and easy to find, this sauce is made out of:
- peanut butter (duh)
- sesame oil
- soy sauce (or tamari)
And for some reason when you have the right amount of each of these ingredients, you get the most amazing sauce. It is creamy (but not too thick), spicy (but not mouth scorching), and just all around delicious.
TSV TIP: You can make the sauce in a food processor, blender, or (my favorite way) with an immersion blender. I have literally gone YEARS without owning an immersion blender and now I can’t live without one. I picked this one up and love it. It was pretty inexpensive and works like a charm.
When it comes to the soba noodles, you can pretty much go with any brand your local grocery store sells in their asian section. They sell this brand at my Ralph’s and it is what I used in this recipe.
If for some reason you can’t find soba noodles (or just don’t want to use them), you can swap them for any long noodle (i.e. spaghetti, rice noodles, etc.).
Now the best part about this recipe is that you can totally eat the leftovers cold! Eat them just as they are or even add some fresh veggies to get more crunch. I don’t know about you, but when my veggies have a layer of peanut sauce over them, I could eat mountains of them!
Whether you make this for dinner or lunch (or in my case sometimes, breakfast), it is sure to be a hit!
Warm Spicy Peanut Soba Noodles
FOR SPICY PEANUT SAUCE
- Prepare peanut sauce by combining peanut butter, soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic, ginger, jalapeño, sriracha and 1/4 cup of water in a food processor, blender or mixing bowl (if using an immersion blender). Blend on high until smooth – adding additional water if needed.
- Fill a pot with water and bring to a boil. Add soba noodles and cook according to package instructions. Soba noodles should only take 4-6 minutes to cook. Be sure not to overcook them. Drain and set aside.
- Two minutes before noodles are finished cooking, heat remaining sesame oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Add bell pepper and cabbage and sauté for 2 minutes – making sure not to overcook (you want a little crunch).
- Turn heat off and add cooked noodles & peanut sauce to the pan. Stir to combine. If the sauce is too thick you can add 1/4 cup of water to the pan to help thin out the sauce and coat everything better.
- Serve noodles immediately and top with green onion, cilantro and peanuts.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!