Mediterranean Orzo Pasta Salad
This Mediterranean Orzo Pasta Salad is the perfect party salad! Light, refreshing, veggie-packed and serves 10!
This post contains affiliate links.
This salad needs to be on repeat all summer long! It has the perfect combo of orzo pasta, veggies, vegan feta, herbs and chickpeas. The dressing is a simple olive oil/balsamic combo – that is made to taste! And this can be made ahead of time and kept in the fridge!
How to make Mediterranean Orzo Pasta Salad
This recipe comes together SUPER fast! Start out by boiling some water and cooking the orzo. Drain it, rinse it and add it to the biggest bowl you can possibly find!
To the orzo add chopped roasted red peppers, cherry tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, basil, red onion, garlic and a can of chickpeas. Crumble in some vegan feta – I got mine at Trader Joe’s.
Now, when it comes to the dressing, we are just eyeballing everything. Add a couple chugs of olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Squeeze in some fresh lemon juice. Then sprinkle in some salt and LOTS of pepper. Give everything a toss and give it a try. Keep adjusting the flavors until it tastes just right.
How to serve Mediterranean Orzo Pasta Salad
At this point, you can cover the salad and put it in the fridge until you are ready to serve it. When you are ready to serve, add some fresh arugula and give it another toss – it may need a little more olive oil to loosen things up.
Top with more fresh basil – it just looks pretty, and adds some bright fresh herb flavors.
This salad can be served chilled or at room temperature and the leftovers will last in the fridge for about 3 days. You can definitely make this ahead of time for a party!
Need more recipe inspo? Check these out:
Did you make this recipe?
If you made these Mediterranean Orzo Pasta Salad I would LOVE to hear what you thought. Be sure to drop a comment and a rating below! You can also tag me on social media if you snapped a photo. I LOVE seeing your recreations!
Mediterranean Orzo Pasta Salad
- 1 pound orzo dry
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 12-ounce jar roasted red peppers drained and diced
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes roughly chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes chopped
- 4 ounces vegan feta crumbled
- 2 tablespoons basil chopped, plus more for serving
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 1 clove garlic diced
- olive oil to taste, I used about 1/4 cup
- balsamic vinegar to taste, I used about 3 tablespoons
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1-2 lemons juiced, to taste
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add the orzo and cook according to the package instructions. Drain and rinse with cold water. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (through the garlic) to the bowl. Drizzle some olive oil and balsamic vinegar over everything. Add a pinch of salt, lots of pepper and lemon juice. Toss to combine, taste, and adjust the dressing as needed.
- Cover and place in the fridge until ready to serve. Right before serving, add some arugula and give it another toss. Top with more fresh basil and serve.
When I saw this recipe I try it for my employer for lunch…And she’s so happy with this salad recipe thank you…. Now every week I make twice of this salad now…big thanx to the owner..God bless
This has become our very favorite salad. It’s delicious with all of these incredible different flavors. I didn’t have jarred bell peppers so I used fresh. Perfect refreshing salad!!
So glad you enjoyed it Sydney!