These Roasted Veggies with Creamy Vegan Spinach Orzo make up the ultimate bowl. Topped off with Mustard Tahini Dressing and fresh arugula!
With the new year here, I am all about a bowl filled with roasted veggies, pasta and greens. It is the perfect combo of healthy ingredients that still tastes AMAZING and checks all of the boxes for a healthy dinner.
Be ready to see lots of healthy bowls coming your way this month, because I can't stop eating them myself!
For this bowl, we are making a super simple creamy spinach orzo, that you will want to serve alongside all kinds of meals. It is soooooooooo flavorful and really easy to make.
TSV TIP: I used my favorite vegan chicken broth for this orzo, but you can swap it out for your favorite veggie broth.
For the roasted veggies I used cauliflower and organic carrots - hence all of the great colors. To top them off I made a mustard marinade that requires just a few ingredients and leaves you with perfectly crispy veggies.
Lastly, serve all of this up with fresh greens and my favorite Mustard Tahini Dressing. If you have made my Spicy Potato Bowls then you are already familiar with this dressing and know how addicting it is!
This is such an easy dinner, and the leftovers make for the most delicious lunch!
Roasted Veggies with Creamy Vegan Spinach Orzo
FOR THE ROASTED VEGGIES
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon mustard powder
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- salt & pepper to taste
- ½ lemon juiced
- ½ head cauliflower cut in florets
- 4 large carrots cut in 3 inch pieces
FOR THE CREAMY SPINACH ORZO
FOR THE MUSTARD TAHINI DRESSING
- ½ cup tahini
- 2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoon yellow mustard
- lemon juice to taste
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- pepper to taste
- water as needed
FOR THE BOWLS
- 4 cups arugula
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- To prepare the roasted veggies, add the olive oil, mustard powder, oregano, a pinch of salt & pepper and lemon juice to a bowl. Stir to combine. Add the veggies to the baking sheet and drizzle with the marinade. Toss to combine and place in the oven for 20-30 minutes, flipping after 10 minutes. After the veggies have been in the oven for 20 minutes, watch them and pull them out after they are browned. Taste and add salt if needed.
- While the veggies are cooking, prepare the orzo. Heat the olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the shallot, garlic, oregano, red pepper flakes and a pinch of salt & pepper. Stir to combine and cook until the shallots have softened (approx. 3-5 minutes).
- Add the dry orzo to the pan and allow it to brown for about 2 minutes. Add the broth, milk and spinach to the pan and cook, uncovered, until all of the liquid is absorbed, stirring regularly. Add the hummus and stir to combine. Set aside until ready to use.
- While the veggies and orzo are cooking, prepare the dressing. Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl and stir to combine. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed. Add water until desired consistency is reached. Place in the fridge until ready to use.
- To assemble, add 1 cup of arugula to each bowl, followed by the roasted veggies and creamy orzo. Drizzle each bowl with dressing and serve!
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!