A quick and easy snack or dinner - these Simple Vegan Hummus Quesadillas are packed…
This Vegan Eggplant & Hummus Flatbread combines thin slices of eggplant, creamy hummus and balsamic cherry tomatoes & garlic. A great snack to share or a dinner to eat on your own.
Your pizza cravings can now subside, because I am back with another Pizza Friday recipe!
And this is a good one.
It screams Fall/Winter flavors.
It has a creamy hummus base and a tangy balsamic drizzle.
And everything going on in between is just plain delicious.
Eggplant is one of those vegetables that slightly intimidates me.
Ever since I saw that scene in Coneheads in the grocery store, I was weary of this cone-shaped veg (if you have no idea what I’m talking about, please go watch it now!).
But, I have put my fears aside, and found a super tasty way to use it – ON PIZZA!
Because there is no better way to eat something than by putting it on pizza.
By cutting the eggplant super thin, it makes it super tender and easy to eat.
And to round out all of the flavors, we’re throwing some cherry tomatoes and fresh garlic in the mix.
Top it all of with balsamic glaze (and maybe a few red pepper flakes) and you are ready to go.
Serve this as a party appetizer, snack or a dinner for one.
Vegan Eggplant & Hummus Flatbread
- 8 oz pre-made pizza dough
- 1 tbsp olive oil separated
- 1/2 eggplant sliced thin
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 3 cloves garlic sliced
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/4-1/2 cup hummus
- salt & pepper to taste
- balsamic glaze to taste
- chives chopped
- red pepper flakes optional
- Place dough on flour dusted surface and allow to come to room temperature (approx. 30-60 minutes).
- While dough is coming to room temperature, place eggplant slices on a baking sheet, sprinkle with salt and allow to sit for 15 minutes. Once eggplant begins to sweat wipe salt and liquid off.
- Heat 1/2 tbsp of olive oil in a griddle over medium heat. Place eggplant slices in the pan, sprinkle with salt and pepper and cook until there are grill marks (approx. 3 minutes). Flip and cook until the other side has grill marks. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Heat remaining 1/2 tbsp of olive oil in the same pan. Add cherry tomatoes, garlic, oregano and salt & pepper. Saute until tomatoes begin to blister. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Roll pizza dough out on a greased baking sheet. Spread desired amount of hummus over the entire pizza. Top with eggplant slices followed by tomato mixture.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes (or until toppings are bubbling and crust is brown).
- Remove from the oven and top with balsamic glaze, chives and red pepper flakes. Slice and serve.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!