Garlic Lovers Vegan Pasta
Garlic lovers unite – this Garlic Lovers Vegan Pasta is everything you could ever want. 15 cloves of garlic and vegan sausage make this pasta extra delicious!
Alright, I know lots of you are just like me and LOVE a garlicky recipe. And today’s Garlic Lovers Vegan Pasta is made just for us! I know 15 cloves sounds like a lot. But you will not regret spending the time to prep all those cloves, because this pasta is freaking delicious.
What is in Garlic Lovers Vegan Pasta?
Well, obviously…garlic. Lots of it. 15 cloves of garlic, to be exact. YUM!
You want the garlic in this recipe to be very finely minced. You can definitely put your knife skills to the test, or do like I did, and use a garlic press. I also opted for pre-peeled garlic. This just helps the prep go a little faster.
Now, other than the garlic, this pasta uses olive oil, dry herbs, sun-dried tomatoes, tomato paste, vegan meat balls and a jar of pre-made marinara. A couple of notes – you want to use a good quality olive oil AND a good quality marinara. These are both important components, so don’t skip on them.
I also used Beyond sausage to make mini vegan meatballs. Just break a couple links apart, then roll them up into bite-sized mini balls. If you use a different vegan sausage that doesn’t break apart easily, you can also just slice them into bite-sized pieces.
How to serve Garlic Lovers Vegan Pasta
When you are ready to serve this, cook up some pasta – I used penne, because the sauce coats penne really well. Remember that this sauce is going to seem oily. But once it is combined with the pasta, that is what is going to help it stick to the pasta.
Plus, you want this to be extra saucy so you can soak up the extra sauce with crusty bread. We are carb loading with this recipe.
I guess you could add a salad on the side for some balance, but not necessary. Also, feel free to top this off with some vegan parm and fresh basil!
Need more recipe inspo? Check these out:
Garlic Lovers Vegan Pasta
- 1/2 cup olive oil*
- 15 cloves garlic finely diced or minced
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- red pepper flakes optional
- 2 tbsp sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil and drained
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 28-ounce jar marinara sauce
- 8 oz vegan sausage rolled in tiny balls
- salt if needed
- 8 oz penne dry
- fresh basil
- vegan parmesan optional, for serving
- Prepare the garlic by finely dicing it or using a garlic press. Heat olive oil in a pot over low heat. Add the garlic, parsley, oregano, basil, pepper and red pepper flakes. Cook on low, stirring regularly, until the garlic begins to caramelize – 10ish minutes. Be sure not to let it burn!
- While the garlic is cooking, prepare the vegan sausage. Break it apart in a bowl and then roll it into grape-sized mini-meatballs.** Set aside.
- Add the sun-dried tomatoes and tomato paste to the pot and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add the marinara sauce to the pot and stir to combine. Rinse the marinara jar with about a 1/4 cup of water and add it to the pot – this will clean the jar and add water to the sauce at the same time.
- Drop the vegan meatballs into the sauce and gently press them down with a wooden spoon. Partially cover the pot and cook the sauce for at least 1 hour. Be sure to keep an eye on the sauce and keep the heat on low. Stir the sauce as needed. Taste and add salt if needed.
- When you are ready to eat, prepare the penne according to the package instructions. Drain the penne and add it back to the empty pan. Add some chopped basil to the sauce and stir to combine.
- Ladle the sauce over the penne, leaving some sauce in the pot. Divide the penne over 4 plates and top with the remaining sauce, vegan parm and more fresh basil. Serve with crusty bread to soak up any extra sauce.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!