Fajita Veggie Burrito Bowls
These Fajita Veggie Burrito Bowls have rice, beans, seasoned fajita veggies, corn, tomatoes, avocado & a non-dairy yogurt cilantro sauce.
These Fajita Veggie Burrito Bowls are the BEST weeknight dinner or meal prepped lunch. The fajita veggies are seasoned and cooked in a non-stick skillet until charred and delicious. Then, they are layered over hot rice and topped with beans, corn, tomatoes and avocado. Everything is drizzled with a healthy yogurt sauce and topped with lots of cilantro. Quick, easy and delicious!
How to Make Green Chile Yogurt Cilantro Sauce
The sauce for these burrito bowls is lightened up by using non-dairy yogurt (and just a little vegan mayo). It is seasoned with cilantro, jalapeño, garlic, lime juice, green chiles, cumin and onion powder.
Add everything to a food processor or blender and blend until smooth. I like mine extra creamy – to do that, just let the food processor blend longer than you think you need to.
Give the sauce a taste and adjust the seasonings as needed. I like mine extra tart, so I used lots of lime juice. But you could add extra jalapeño for more of a kick, or more mayo for a richer flavor.
How to Make Fajita Veggies
Fajita veggies are incredibly easy to make. Grab some bell peppers – any color will do – and red onion. Heat some oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. I recommend using a non-stick or cast iron skillet. Just be sure it is super hot so that the veggies get a nice sizzle going.
Add the veggies along with a handful of dry spices to the skillet and toss to coat evenly. Let the veggies sit until they develop a nice char. Toss and cook for a few more minutes. You want the veggies to be tender, but have some nice color on them.
How to Assemble
Grab the rest of the bowl toppings and start assembling. Add rice to each bowl and top with fajita veggies, beans, corn, tomatoes and avocado. Drizzle with the dressing, top with cilantro and serve with lime wedges on the side.
These bowls are super versatile – you can swap out the toppings based on what you have on hand. Add salsa. Maybe some hot sauce. You could even add some greens in there and make this more of a salad. Lots of options and the leftovers are just as good!
Need More Recipe Inspo? Check these Out!
Did you Make this Recipe?
If you made these Fajita Veggie Burrito Bowls I would LOVE to hear what you thought. Be sure to drop a comment and a rating below! You can also tag me on social media if you snapped a photo. I LOVE seeing your recreations!
Fajita Veggie Burrito Bowls
FOR THE CILANTRO YOGURT DRESSING
FOR THE BURRITO BOWLS
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 bell peppers sliced
- 1 red onion sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 15-ounce can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 small avocados sliced
- cilantro, lime wedges, jalapeño for serving
- Add all of the yogurt dressing ingredients to a food processor or blender. Pulse until smooth. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the bell peppers, onion and dry seasonings. Toss to coat and cook until charred and tender (approx. 5 minutes). Remove from the heat.
- To serve, add rice to each bowl and top with fajita veggies, beans, corn, tomatoes and avocado. Drizzle with the dressing, top with cilantro and serve with lime wedges on the side.