This Creamy Vegan Ranch is one of the easiest (and tastiest) dressings to make at home.…
These Creamy Vegan Fajita Enchiladas are loaded with vegan cream cheese, bell peppers & onions, then topped with avocado, cilantro and green sauce.
Enchiladas and tacos are my most favorite meals of all time…like, I could eat either every day, all day and never be unhappy about that. And I’ve shared plenty of taco and enchilada recipes with you before (be sure to click the links to see all of them in one place).
And today’s recipe is another one to add to the regular rotation. Imagine combining fajitas and enchiladas into one creamy, delicious, saucy combo.
To start these off, you are just going to cook up some bell peppers and onions with taco seasoning until they have a nice char. Then, add in some garlic, green chiles, green enchilada sauce and vegan cream cheese.
TSV TIP: Vegan cream cheese is super easy to find at your regular grocery store. My favorite brands are Trader Joe’s, Kite Hill and Tofutti.
And there is your filling – easy, peasy.
Now, just load up your tortillas with the filling (I used flour, but you could definitely use corn) fold them up, and add them to a baking dish that has a layer of enchilada sauce on the bottom. Top it off with another drizzle of enchilada sauce and put it in the oven for 20-30 minutes.
While your enchiladas are cooking, whip up a batch of my Jalapeño Cilantro Sauce, dice up some avocado and chop some cilantro.
Take the enchiladas out of the oven and load them up with the toppings you prepared. Now…get to eating. These enchiladas are the perfect dinner for your next get together. OR make a batch, then eat them all week long.
Like I said, this is one of those recipes you will want in your regular rotation.
Creamy Vegan Fajita Enchiladas
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 green bell pepper deseeded and diced
- 1 red bell pepper deseeded and diced
- 1 red onion chopped
- 1 tbsp taco seasoning
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 4-ounce can green chiles
- 1.5 cups green enchilada sauce separated
- 8 ounces vegan cream cheese
- 8 tortillas flour or corn
- Jalapeño Cilantro Sauce*
- 1 avocado chopped
- cilantro to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Add bell peppers, red onion and taco seasoning to the pan and cook until veggies have softened slightly and have a nice char, stirring regularly.
- Lower heat to medium, add garlic to the pan and cook for an additional 30 seconds.
- Turn heat off and add the green chiles, 1/4 cup of enchilada sauce and the vegan cream cheese to the pan. Stir until combined. Remove from the heat.
- Heat the tortillas over an open flame on the stove or in a pan over the stove.
- To assemble, spread 1/2 cup of enchilada sauce on the bottom of a baking dish. Add about 1/4 cup of the enchilada filling in the center of each tortilla. Wrap them up and place them seam-side down in the baking dish. Drizzle the remaining enchilada sauce over the top and place in the oven (uncovered) for 20-30 minutes – or until warmed through and the edges are crispy.
- While the enchiladas are cooking prepare the Jalapeño Cilantro Sauce*, avocado and cilantro.
- Remove the enchiladas from the oven. Drizzle with Jalapeño Cilantro Sauce and top with avocado and cilantro. Serve and enjoy.**
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!