Buffalo Tofu Couscous Bowls
These Buffalo Tofu Couscous Bowls are filled with cilantro lime couscous, baked buffalo tofu & avocado. Served with vegan tahini ranch!
Crispy baked tofu is my go-to easy dinner recipe. And this baked buffalo tofu is not only extremely easy it is super tasty. The tofu is pressed and tossed in a seasoned buffalo sauce before being baked until crispy. It is served over cilantro lime couscous and topped with avocado slices and tahini ranch.
How to Make Buffalo Tofu
The first step to any tofu recipe is to press it. My favorite way to do that is to place the drained tofu on a plate and place another (heavier) plate on top of it. Once the liquid starts to pool at the bottom, drain it off.
Cube the tofu and place it in a bowl with buffalo sauce, olive oil, garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika and pepper. Gently toss so the tofu is coated and transfer it to a parchment lined baking sheet. Drizzle the extra sauce over the tofu and bake for 25 minutes.
Prep the Rest
While the tofu is cooking, make the tahini ranch – it is a combo of the following ingredients:
Add everything to a bowl and stir to combine. Add water as needed to thin and adjust the seasonings to your liking.
To make the cilantro lime couscous, melt 2 tablespoons of vegan butter in a skillet. Add 1 cup of broth and bring to a boil. Add the couscous, cover and turn off the heat. Allow to sit for 5 minutes. Remove the lid and fluff with a fork. Add the lime juice, cilantro & salt and stir to combine.
The great thing about using durum wheat couscous is that it cooks super fast! If you decide to use a different couscous or grain, be sure to check the package instructions for cooking!
To assemble, add couscous to each bowl and top with the crispy buffalo tofu. I like to drizzle some extra buffalo sauce over the tofu – for that extra kick!
Add some avocado slices and drizzle the tahini ranch over everything. Top with more cilantro and serve with lime wedges on the side.
These bowls are delicious – slightly spicy, a good tang from the tahini and super filling. They also make great next day lunches!
Need More Recipe Inspo? Check these Out!
Did you Make this Recipe?
If you made these Buffalo Tofu Couscous Bowls I would LOVE to hear what you thought. Be sure to drop a comment and a rating below! You can also tag me on social media if you snapped a photo. I LOVE seeing your recreations!
Buffalo Tofu Couscous Bowls
FOR THE TAHINI RANCH
FOR THE BUFFALO TOFU
FOR THE COUSCOUS
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add all of the tahini ranch ingredients to a bowl and stir to combine. Add water to thin and adjust seasonings to your liking. Place in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Add all of the buffalo tofu ingredients to a large bowl and gently toss to combine. Place the tofu on the baking sheet and pour any extra sauce over the tofu. Place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes. Flip and cook for another 10 minutes, or until slightly crispy.
- Meanwhile, melt the vegan butter in a skillet and pour in the broth. Bring to a boil. Add the couscous, cover and turn off the heat. Allow to sit for 5 minutes. Remove the lid and fluff with a fork. Add the lime juice, cilantro & salt and stir to combine.
- To serve, add couscous to each bowl and top with tofu and avocado. Drizzle on extra buffalo sauce, ranch and cilantro. Serve with extra lime wedges on the side.