This Pigs in a Blanket Wreath is made with crescent dough & vegan hot dogs. Served with warm vegan cheese and a jalapeño agave glaze!
This might be my favorite Christmas appetizer recipe! From the crescent wrapped vegan hot dogs to the warm vegan cheese wheel. Oh, and did I mention that the vegan cheese is covered in a jalapeño agave glaze?!? It's spicy, it's sweet, it's creamy, it's crunchy. The whole thing is just delicious. You need to make it for your holiday party!
How to Make the Wreath
Start out by cutting vegan hot dogs into 4 pieces - you'll have a total of 32 hot dog bites. Then, roll out 2 cans of crescent dough. Crescent dough is already in pre-cut triangles. Cut each triangle in half so you have a total of 32 triangles.
Place a vegan hot dog piece on the skinny side of a triangle and roll it up so the hot dog is covered in the dough. Repeat this with the remaining ingredients.
To assemble, place a vegan cheese wheel (I use Miyoko's chive cheese) in the center of a parchment-lined baking sheet. Then, arrange the crescent dogs around the cheese in the shape of a wreath. There's not an exact science to this - just be sure the pieces are slightly touching. Brush the dough with vegan butter and sprinkle on flakey sea salt. Place in the oven to bake for 20-22 minutes.
How to Make Jalapeño Agave Glaze
The real star of the show is this jalapeño agave glaze! The sweet mixed with spicy adds something extra special to this recipe!
Heat a little bit of oil in a skillet and add the garlic, jalapeño and pepper. Cook down for a few minutes - you want the garlic to be crispy and the jalapeño to be tender. Remove the skillet from the heat and pour in the agave. Give it a stir and set aside.
Assemble & Serve
Remove the wreath from the oven and pour the jalapeño agave glaze over the hot cheese and sprinkle on some fresh parsley. Serve this hot - I like to have a cheese knife on the side to make it easier to scoop up that hot cheese.
You could also serve this with the classic hot dog toppings on the side - ketchup, mustard, relish.
This is definitely going to be a hit at your holiday party!
Need More Recipe Inspo? Check these Out!
Did you Make this Recipe?
If you made this Pigs in a Blanket Wreath I would LOVE to hear what you thought. Be sure to drop a comment and a rating below! You can also tag me on social media if you snapped a photo. I LOVE seeing your recreations!
Pigs in a Blanket Wreath
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper - a round pizza baking sheet is ideal.
- Cut each hot dog into 4 pieces (for a total of 32 pieces) and set aside. Roll out the crescent dough and cut each triangle in half (for a total of 32 triangles). Place a hot dog piece on the skinny side of one triangle and roll up. Repeat with the remaining dough/hot dogs.
- Place the cheese wheel in the center of the baking sheet. Place the rolled up hot dog pieces around the cheese to make the shape of a wreath - you want the pieces to be touching, but it's ok if there are some gaps. brush the dough with vegan butter and sprinkle with salt. Place in the oven for 20-22 minutes, or until the dough is browned.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic, jalapeño and a pinch of pepper. Cook for a few minutes - the garlic should be crispy and the jalapeño should be tender. Remove from the heat and pour in the agave. Stir and set aside.
- Remove the wreath from the oven and pour the jalapeño agave glaze over the cheese. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.