Creamy Vegan Taco Dip
This Creamy Vegan Taco Dip is the perfect party appetizer. Serve with crispy chips or add to a taco bowl for a quick weeknight dinner!
This dip is SOOOOOOOOOOO freaking tasty! I literally can’t stop eating it! Plus it is super easy to make and requires just a handful of ingredients. You can obviously serve it as a dip with tortilla chips on the side, or you can use it as the base for tacos, burritos or bowls! Lots of options and a total crowd pleaser!
What’s in the dip?
The prep for this Creamy Vegan Taco Dip is pretty minimal. Just chop some onion, garlic and chipotle peppers. Cook them down in a pan with some olive oil and vegan beef crumbles.
Not a fan of vegan beef crumbles? Or prefer a soy-free meal? Just swap them with cooked lentils!
Add the fire roasted tomatoes, pinto beans and taco seasoning to the mix and cook down until tender. Lastly, add the vegan cream cheese and stir to combine. Now we’ve got a tasty looking dip on our hands.
Transfer the mixture to a baking dish and bake at 375 for 12-15 minutes. You’ll know it’s done when the top is crispy and the sides are bubbling.
How to serve this dip
Pull the dip out of the oven and load it up with your favorite toppings. Some ideas for toppings are fresh cilantro, green onion, jalapeños, cherry tomatoes, avocado…any traditional taco toppings work!
Serve the dip with tortilla chips – I made my own in the air fryer (see the recipe notes for how to make them). Get my air fryer here.
What I love about this dip is that you don’t have to serve it as a dip at all! This also makes a great base for tacos, burritos or bowls. A really great option for meal prep!
Need more recipe inspo? Check these out:
Creamy Vegan Taco Dip
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic diced
- 1-2 chipotle peppers in adobo chopped, to taste
- 1.5 cups vegan beef crumbles*
- 1 15-ounce can fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 15-ounce can pinto beans drained and rinsed
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 8 oz vegan cream cheese
- jalapeño, cilantro, avocado, cherry tomatoes optional toppings
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and grease a baking dish.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, chipotle peppers and vegan beef crumbles to the pan. Cook, stirring frequently for 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, beans and taco seasoning to the pan and stir to combine. Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Stir in the vegan cream cheese. Transfer the mixture to the baking dish and place in the oven for 12-15 minutes, or until the top is browned and the dip is bubbly.
- Remove from the oven and add your favorite toppings. Serve hot with tortilla chips.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!