Corn Salad & Bean Tacos
These Corn Salad & Bean Tacos are simple, vegan & delicious. Ready in 30 minutes and served with a Mexican corn salad, beans & pickled onions.
Taco night just got a whole lot easier with these Corn Salad & Bean Tacos! The corn salad is creamy and has the perfect amount of spice. The beans are simple but flavor-packed. It is a winning combo that makes for a perfect taco. Ready in just 30 minutes!
Step One: Prep the Beans
Making the beans for these tacos is SUPER easy. And, as long as you use a great taco seasoning, they will have so much flavor! I personally love the taco seasoning from Trader Joe’s – it’s organic and has the perfect amount of spice.
Heat some avocado oil in a skillet and add 2 cans of pinto beans – that have been drained & rinsed. Add the taco seasoning and 1/2 cup of water. Bring to a boil, lower the heat and simmer for 10 minutes. If the beans start to dry out, you can add a little more water.
The beans should be slightly saucy when they are done. Add some lime juice and a pinch of chopped cilantro before serving. And that’s all you need for the beans – super easy!
Step Two: Make Mexican Corn Salad
This corn salad is addicting! I might have eaten a few spoonfuls while I was waiting for the beans to finish.
Add everything to a bowl and mix to combine. I like to taste and adjust the seasonings as needed. Sometimes you might need a little extra lime juice or salt. Make it to your liking!
Step Three: Assemble
To assemble the tacos, start with some warm corn tortillas. I like to warm mine over an open flame, but you can also heat them in a skillet.
Layer each tortilla with chopped romaine, corn salad, beans, pickled onions and a little more chopped cilantro. Make sure to have lots of lime wedges on the side and some hot sauce, if you like it spicy.
These tacos are quick, easy and so freaking tasty. If you have leftovers you can also make them into a taco salad!
Need more recipe inspo? Check these out:
Corn Salad & Bean Tacos
FOR THE BEANS
FOR THE CORN SALAD
- If making the pickled onions, prep them ahead of time and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a skillet and add the beans, taco seasoning and 1/2 cup of water. Bring to a boil, lower the heat and simmer for 10 minutes. If the beans start to dry out, you can add a little more water. Right before serving, add lime juice and a pinch of cilantro.
- Meanwhile, combine all of the corn salad ingredients in a bowl and toss to combine. Taste and adjust the seasonings as needed. Set aside.
- To assemble, layer each warm tortilla with romaine, corn salad, beans, pickled onions and more cilantro. Serve with lime wedges on the side.
- You can use all vegan mayo or all vegan yogurt in the corn salad if you only have one or the other.