This Buffalo Soy Curl Pizza is the ultimate vegan pizza! Vegan ranch, buffalo sauce soy curls, a vegan cheese topping & red onions!
Well, it's no secret that I love some buffalo sauce! And I've had this Buffalo Soy Curl Pizza on my to-do list for quite some time. What's not to like - a homemade vegan ranch, soy curls tossed in buffalo sauce & spices and my special "cheese" hack on top. This pizza is saucy, a little spicy and 100% delicious.
How to Make Buffalo Soy Curls
Soy curls are one of my favorite chicken replacements. Unlike frozen vegan chicken alternatives, they only have one ingredient and they are minimally processed. You can get them online here or find them at your local health food store.
They are also super easy to work with - rehydrate them for 10 minutes in hot water, drain, press out the water, and they are ready for marinate.
For this pizza, I added buffalo sauce, olive oil, garlic powder, onion powder, pepper and dried parsley to the soy curls. You can use more or less buffalo sauce, depending on how spicy you want this to be. Give them a toss and set aside.
How to Make the Sauces
The sauces for this recipe are vegan ranch and my pizza "cheese" hack. You can make the ranch from scratch (the recipe is included below) or buy it pre-made. I really like making it myself - you can even use vegan yogurt if you want to lighten things up a bit.
For my "cheese" hack, just combine vegan cream cheese and non-dairy creamer until smooth. It will look a little funky, but I promise you that after it bakes, it is the perfect cheese replacement.
I also added some fresh garlic and cilantro to the "cheese" for this recipe. Just a little bit of extra flavor and the cilantro is a must for buffalo pizza.
How to Assemble & Serve
I always use pre-made pizza dough. It's super easy to find and saves on time. Just bring it to room temperature and roll it out in some corn meal. Place it on a greased baking sheet and start layering.
Layer on a some vegan ranch (if you follow my recipe, you won't need to use it all), the buffalo soy curls, red onion and the "cheese". Place it in a hot oven and cook for about 15 minutes.
Remove from the oven and top the pizza with lots more fresh cilantro. Slice it up and serve with the leftover vegan ranch on the side.
This pizza is so good. So many layers of sauce, a little bit of crunch from the crust and a good kick of spice.
Need More Recipe Inspo? Check these Out!
Did you Make this Recipe?
If you made this Buffalo Soy Curl Pizza I would LOVE to hear what you thought. Be sure to drop a comment and a rating below! You can also tag me on social media if you snapped a photo. I LOVE seeing your recreations!
Buffalo Soy Curl Pizza
- 16 ounces pre-made pizza dough
- corn meal or flour, for rolling out dough
- 2 ounces soy curls dry
- ¼ cup buffalo sauce add up to ⅓ cup depending on your spice preference
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- ¼ cup vegan ranch see notes for homemade
- red onion thinly sliced
FOR THE "CHEESE"
- 4 ounces vegan cream cheese
- 6 tablespoons non-dairy creamer I used Ripple
- 1 clove garlic grated
- 2 tabelspoons cilantro finely chopped
- pepper to taste
- Place the dough on a surface with corn meal and preheat the oven to 500 degrees. Allow the dough to come to room temperature and the oven to preheat for 30 minutes.
- Add the soy curls to a bowl and cover with boiling water. Allow to sit for 10 minutes. Drain the soy curls and rinse with cold water. Use your hands to squeeze out as much water as possible.
- To the empty bowl add the drained soy curls, buffalo sauce, olive oil, garlic powder, onion powder, pepper & dried parsley. Stir to combine and set aside.
- Combine the cream cheese, creamer, garlic and cilantro in a bowl and whisk until smooth. Set aside.
- To assemble spread out the dough on a lightly oiled baking sheet. Layer on the vegan ranch, soy curls, red onion and "cheese". Place in the oven and bake for 10 minutes. Rotate the pizza and cook another 3-5 minutes, or until crispy & the "cheese" is bubbly.
- Remove from the oven, top with more cilantro and serve with more vegan ranch.