When you only need dessert for two make these Individual Apple Crisps with Cashew Milk Ice Cream. Simple to make and super delicious.
*This post was sponsored by So Delicious Dairy Free, all thoughts and opinions are entirely my own.
We're just one day away for the 4th of July. And what screams "America" more than apple crisp and vanilla ice cream?
Which is why I'm so excited to team up with So Delicious Dairy Free (@so_delicious) to bring you this super quick and tasty recipe. We're taking a classic and vegan-izing it with just a couple easy swaps.
The first swap is using vegan butter in the crumble topping. Easy peasy.
The second swap is using cashew milk ice cream. If you've never tried cashew milk ice cream, I cannot recommend it enough. It is thick and creamy and has an intense vanilla taste, which are all necessities for me when looking for a dairy free ice cream.
Other than that, we are sticking to the classic combo of cinnamon, brown sugar and granny smith apples that we all grew up loving.
Hope your 4th of July is filled with awesome vegan BBQ foods, tasty brews and fireworks!
Individual Apple Crisps with Cashew Milk Ice Cream
- FOR CRUMBLE TOPPING
- ¼ cup old fashioned oats
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp. light brown sugar
- ⅛ tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tbsp. vegan butter
- FOR FILLING
- 2 granny smith apples peeled, cored and chopped
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. ground cloves
- pinch of salt
- FOR TOPPING
- 2 scoops So Delicious Dairy Free Very Vanilla Cashew Milk Ice Cream
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and spray two ramekins with non-stick spray.
- To prepare the crumble topping, combine oats, flour, brown sugar and cinnamon in a bowl. Stir to combine. Cut in butter with a fork and place in the freezer for 10-20 minutes.
- While the crumble is in the freezer, prepare the filling. Add all of the ingredients to a bowl and stir to coat apples evenly. Split filling evenly between the two ramekins.
- Remove crumble topping from the freezer and break apart with a fork until desired crumble texture is achieved. Split crumble topping between both ramekins. Place ramekins on a baking sheet and place in the oven. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until golden on top.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Top each ramekin with a scoop of ice cream and serve.