This Spicy Red Pepper Hummus combines all of the things I love...spice and delicious dip. This…
This Spicy Roasted Red Pepper Fettuccine is packed full of flavor and requires just 9 ingredients and 25 minutes to come together.
Let’s be honest, pasta is always a good idea. Especially when it has this much flavor and comes together in no time.
Roasted red peppers are the star of this show. And the best part is you don’t even have to roast them yourself. They come roasted and ready to go at any grocery store. And that’s what makes this recipe so quick and easy.
Little known fact – the secret to many good sauces is pasta water. And this sauce is no different. The starch from the water thickens up the sauce without adding any flavor.
You can make this pasta as mild or spicy as you like. I wanted this to have a good kick, so I laid the red pepper flakes on pretty thick. But adjust to your liking and as always, taste as you go to make sure the flavors are to your liking.
Need more pasta inspo? Check out my Roasted Garlic Tomato Spaghettini or my Shaved Asparagus Pesto Pasta.
Spicy Roasted Red Pepper Fettuccine
- 8 oz dry fettuccine pasta
- 1 tbsp vegan butter
- 4 cloves garlic diced
- 1/2 small yellow onion diced
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 12 oz jar fire roasted red peppers drained, dried and diced
- 1-2 tsp red pepper flakes or to taste
- 5 basil leaves diced
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup pasta water
- salt to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add pasta and cook until al dente – approximately 10-12 minutes. Drain pasta, reserving 1 cup of pasta water, and set aside.
- Place the pot back on the stove over medium heat. Add butter, garlic, onions and pepper to the pan and saute until onions are soft – approximately 5-7 minutes. Add roasted red peppers and red pepper flakes to the pan and saute for an additional 2 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and add cooked pasta, basil and salt to the pan. Slowly add pasta water to the pan until desired consistency is reached.
- Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.