Pesto is one of my favorite spreads. When I go out to eat and see…
Step up Pizza Friday with this Vegan Pesto Pizza with Balsamic Glaze. It is fresh, green and simple. Perfect pizza for Spring.
We can all get excited because it is Pizza Friday yet again. So, let’s all kick off the weekend with something extra delicious.
Vegan Pesto Pizza with Balsamic Glaze.
So much good stuff going on here. Crunchy pizza crust topped with fresh pesto, vegan parmesan, thick slices of tomatoes, mixed greens, pine nuts and a thick drizzle of balsamic glaze. If you’ve never tried balsamic glaze, then now is the time. It is like balsamic vinegar’s older, hotter sister. I bought mine at Trader Joe’s, but I’ve seen it in traditional grocery stores or online, here.
Now, when it comes to the greens on top you need to be a little careful. Obviously when you put fresh greens on a hot pizza, they are going to wilt if you let them sit too long. Duh! So to keep them nice and fresh for each bite you have a couple options. If you are sharing this pizza and plan on eating it all right away, then I say, pile on the greens and eat away. But, if you know you’re not going to finish it in one sitting, then I would suggest adding the greens one slice at a time.
Then again, if you don’t mind wilted greens, you can say “screw it” and disregard everything I just said 🙂
Vegan Pesto Pizza with Balsamic Glaze
- 16 oz. pre-made pizza dough
- 1/2 cup pre-made pesto recipe links above
- 1 large tomato sliced in rounds
- 1/4 cup vegan parmesan
- 1 cup mixed salad greens
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- balsamic glaze to taste
- red pepper flakes to taste (optional)
- One hour before you want to cook the pizza, place the dough on a flour-dusted countertop.
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
- Spray a 16" round baking sheet (or baking sheet of choice) with non-stick spray. Place dough on the sheet and stretch to desired shape. Add pesto to dough and spread evenly, leaving an inch of crust along the border.
- Top with tomato slices and parmesan. Place in the oven 12-17 minutes, or until crust is brown and crispy. Remove from the oven and top with salad greens*, pine nuts, balsamic glaze and red pepper flakes.