Both healthy and delicious, these Vegan Winter Harvest Bowls with Mustard Tahini Dressing are perfect for meal prepping.
During the cold months there is nothing better than a warm bowl of crispy potatoes, wild rice and a whole lotta greens.
Top it off with the best mustard tahini dressing, and you are in bowl heaven.
I showed you how to make this same dressing with my Spicy Potato Kale Bowls - and you guys were just as crazy about it as I was. Since it was such a hit, I knew I wanted to bring it back in another recipe. It is a simple combo of tahini, red wine vinegar, mustard and spices. It has the perfect amount of creaminess and zing.
To make the potatoes in this recipe extra special, I tossed them in pesto. The combo of crispy potatoes and fresh basil pesto is simply irresistible.
TSV TIP: Finding vegan pesto in the store can be a little tricky, but not impossible. My favorite one is from Trader Joe's. But if you can't find one in your local store, you can find some of my pesto recipes here, here and here.
I have also been a huge fan of wild rice lately. It has such a different flavor than traditional brown or white rice. And it goes perfectly in a bowl like this.
As for the rest of the veggies, I went with red onions, cherry tomatoes and of course...jalapeños. You could easily swap these out for whatever you have on hand.
Vegan Winter Harvest Bowls with Mustard Tahini Dressing
- ½ cup wild rice dry
- vegan broth
- 1 lb fingerling potatoes cut in half
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup vegan pesto
- salt to taste
- 3 cups kale chopped
- 1 cup arugula
- 10 oz cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1 jalapeño diced
- 1 red onion chopped
FOR THE DRESSING
- ½ cup tahini
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp yellow mustard
- lemon juice to taste
- 1 tsp oregano
- ½ tsp garlic salt
- pepper to taste
- water as needed
- Prepare the wild rice according to the package instructions.* Wild rice takes longer than traditional rice to cook - expect it to take at least 60 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Evenly layer the potatoes on the baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Place in the oven for 20 minutes, flipping halfway.
- While the potatoes are cooking, combine all of the dressing ingredients in a bowl and stir to combine. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed. Add water until desired consistency is reached. Place in the fridge until ready to use.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and toss them with the pesto. Place them back in the oven for an additional 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and add salt to taste.
- To assemble the bowls evenly distribute the kale, arugula, cherry tomatoes, jalapeño, red onion, wild rice and potatoes among 4 bowls. Top each bowl with desired amount of dressing.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!