Vegan Street Corn Tacos
These Vegan Street Corn Tacos are filled with grilled tofu, street corn salad, avocado slices and a spicy mayo. Easy, delicious vegan tacos!
These vegan tacos are perfect for the upcoming warm weather! The tofu is marinated and grilled until crispy. The street corn salad is fresh and bright, with lots of zing from the lime juice. The spicy mayo adds the perfect kick. And the avocado brings it all together.
You want to let the tofu marinate for at least 30 minutes – but longer is better. Heat an indoor griddle, non-stick skillet or outdoor grill and lightly oil it. Once hot add the tofu and grill on both sides until charred. Feel free to brush the extra marinade on the tofu as its cooking.
Once the tofu is crispy on both sides, remove it from the heat and slice it into strips. Toss with lime juice & salt and it is ready to go.
How to Make Street Corn Salad
While the tofu is marinating, make the street corn salad. Here is what you need:
- red onion
- green onion
- chili powder
- vegan feta
- lime juice
This is the type of salad you really want to make to your own taste. Add everything to a large bowl, give it a toss and adjust any of the seasonings you need to – I like to add lots of lime juice to mine. Set the corn salad aside until you are ready to eat.
To assemble, heat your tortillas – a very important step! If you are using my spicy mayo (see recipe), spread some on each tortilla. Top it with the grilled tofu and street corn salad. You can also serve the tacos with extra cilantro and lime wedges.
These tacos have summer written all over them and I know they will be in my regular rotation!
Need More Recipe Inspo? Check these Out!
Did you Make this Recipe?
If you made these Vegan Street Corn Tacos I would LOVE to hear what you thought. Be sure to drop a comment and a rating below! You can also tag me on social media if you snapped a photo. I LOVE seeing your recreations!
Vegan Street Corn Tacos
FOR THE GRILLED TOFU
FOR THE STREET CORN SALAD
- Cut the tofu into 6 thin slices and place in a shallow dish. Add the oil, dry seasonings and orange juice to a bowl and whisk to combine. Pour the marinade over the tofu and brush to coat both sides. Cover and place in the fridge for 30 minutes – or up to 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, add all of the street corn salad ingredients to a bowl and toss to combine. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed. Set aside.
- Combine the spicy mayo ingredients in a bowl. Taste and adjust hot sauce & lime juice to taste. Set aside.
- Heat a griddle or non-stick skillet with a little oil over medium heat. Add the tofu to the skillet and grill until charred on both sides (approx. 5 minutes per side). Brush the tofu with the extra marinade while cooking. Remove from the heat and slice into strips.
- To assemble, heat the tortillas and top each taco with spicy mayo, grilled tofu, street corn salad and avocado. Top with extra cilantro and serve with lime wedges.