This Vegan Sausage, Kale & Gnocchi Soup is extremely simple but also totally comforting. It also makes the best leftovers!
As it gets colder, soup is on the menu in my house more and more. And there is nothing better than having a comforting, delicious soup on the table in 30 minutes. And this Vegan Sausage, Kale & Gnocchi Soup is exactly that.
You only need a handful of ingredients to bring this one together – but the flavors are so rich and delicious it will taste like you’ve been cooking it all day. Trust me.
How to make Vegan Sausage, Kale & Gnocchi Soup
To start cook up some vegan sausage. I went with the Beyond Meat Italian Sausage. But feel free to swap it out for your favorite.
Next add the onion, garlic and spices. Cook this down with a little bit of broth (to get those crunchy sausage bits off the bottom of the pan) for 2-3 minutes.
Add the rest of the broth (I went with my go-to vegan chicken broth, but you can use your favorite) and the uncooked gnocchi. Bring everything to a boil.
TSV TIP: It is fairly easy to find vegan gnocchi. Be sure to look in the dry pasta section – not the fresh refrigerated section.
To finish off the soup, add some vegan half & half and the kale. Cover and cook for another 5 minutes and that’s all folks. Serve this with some crusty garlic bread and dish up the leftovers for lunch the next day.
This will thicken as it cools, so you will have a more broth when it is fresh. If the leftovers get too thick, you can always thin them down with a little water or more broth.
Need more recipe inspo? Check out these:
Vegan Sausage, Kale & Gnocchi Soup
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 8 oz vegan sausage I used Beyond Meat Italian
- 1/2 yellow onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic diced
- pepper a pinch
- red pepper flakes optional, to taste
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 4 cups broth*
- 1 16-ounce package gnocchi uncooked
- 1 cup non-dairy half & half you can sub non-dairy milk, but it will be thinner
- 2 cups kale ripped into bite-size pieces
- salt if needed
- fresh parsley for topping
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the vegan sausage and crumble with a wooden spoon. Cook, stirring frequently until browned.
- Add the onion, garlic, pepper, red pepper flakes, Italian seasoning and a splash of broth. Scrape the brown bits off the bottom of the pan and allow everything to cook down for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour in the rest of the broth and gnocchi. Bring it to a boil and allow everything to cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add the vegan half & half and the kale. Cover and turn heat to low. Cook for 5 more minutes and serve.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!