These Vegan Sausage & Cranberry Bites are sweet & savory - the best vegan holiday appetizer that everyone will love!
Prepare yourself to have zero self control, because it is SOOOOO easy to eat the entire tray of these Vegan Sausage & Cranberry Bites! They have a crispy crust, sweet cream cheese, a dash of jalapeño, crispy vegan sausage and a dollop of cranberry sauce to bring some sweetness. They're so tasty and the perfect holiday appetizer!
How to make the dough
When I say "make" the dough, what I really mean is roll it out. We're not really "making" anything. Instead, grab a can of crescent rolls - there are multiple brands that are vegan-friendly, just be sure to check the label before purchasing.
Lay the dough out on a cutting board and pinch together the perforations to seal them up. Cut the dough into 12 squares and place them in an un-greased muffin pan.
Let's make the filling
The filling is a combo of vegan sausage, vegan cream cheese and cranberry sauce. Start off by browning the vegan sausage in a little bit of oil. Shocker, I went with my favorite vegan sausage - Beyond Sausage Spicy Italian! You can swap it for your favorite though!
In a bowl, combine the vegan cream cheese, garlic salt, pepper and jalapeño. The jalapeño is totally optional, but it adds a little crunch and a little spice! Give everything a stir and set aside.
Now, it's time to fill up your muffin cups. Add a spoonful of the cream cheese mixture, the vegan sausage and some pre-made cranberry sauce to each piece of dough. That's it! You're ready to bake! Pop them in the oven for 12-15 minutes, or until the dough is browned and crispy.
How to serve Vegan Sausage & Cranberry Bites
Pop them out of the oven and let them cool for a few minutes. Place them on a platter, and for some extra fanciness, drizzle with some agave (or maple syrup). That extra hit of sweetness on top is so freaking tasty!
You can serve these warm or at room temperature. You can also make them ahead of time, freeze them, and reheat in the oven (or air fryer) right before serving.
Need more recipe inspo? Check these out:
Vegan Sausage & Cranberry Bites
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and grab a muffin pan.
- Open the crescent roll package and lay the dough out on a cutting board. Press the perforations to seal them and create 1 large rectangle. Use a pizza cutter or knife to cut the rectangle into 12 squares. Place 1 square into the bottom of each muffin cup. Set aside.
- Heat some oil in a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add the vegan sausage and break apart into bite-sized pieces. Cook until browned - approx. 5 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Combine the cream cheese, jalapeño, garlic salt & pepper in a bowl. Set aside.
- To each dough-lined cup, add a spoonful of cream cheese, sausage and cranberry sauce - you may have some cream cheese leftover. Place in the oven and bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the dough is golden. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Plate the muffin cups and drizzle with agave. Serve warm or at room temperature.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!