This Vegan Pumpkin Seed Pesto Pasta is the perfect Fall meal - fresh basil is combined with pumpkin seeds, garlic & olive oil for an easy 15 minute dinner!
As many of you know (or can tell from the name of my site), I dig a good savory meal.
You aren't going to find me baking cakes or cookies on a regular basis.
And while the internet is flooded with lots of those sweet recipes this time of year, I'm here to show you that you can take Fall flavors and integrate them into savory meals too.
With October coming to an end, I HAD to bring you a pumpkin recipe...but one you can make year round.
Pesto is one of those versatile sauces that is super easy to vegan-ize.
The basic make-up of a good vegan pesto is fresh basil, garlic, nuts, olive oil, salt & pepper.
Because there are so few ingredients, I always like to use the best version of each that I can.
If you can find organic ingredients, go that route.
If not, it's not the end of the world.
And if you can only splurge on one "high-end" ingredient, I would go with olive oil.
And now we move onward and upward to more exciting holidays! All I can say is we are going to cover all of your bases for the perfect vegan Thanksgiving dinner over the next few weeks!
Be sure to check back later this week for The Best Vegan Gravy recipe!
Vegan Pumpkin Seed Pesto Pasta
- 8 oz dry pasta
- 2 cups fresh basil
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds shells removed
- 2 cloves garlic
- ⅓-1/2 cup olive oil to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add pasta to the water and cook until al dente.
- While pasta is cooking, combine basil, pumpkin seeds, garlic, olive oil, salt & pepper to a food processor and blend until combined to desired consistency.
- Drain pasta, reserving 1 cup of hot pasta water.
- Place pan back on the stove and add pasta and pesto to the pan. Stir to combine, slowly adding pasta water until desired sauce consistency is reached.
- Serve with additional pumpkin seeds and/or fresh basil.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!