These Peanut Butter Banana Overnight Oats are the perfect make ahead vegan breakfast - serve hot or cold with extra banana slices and granola.
Welp, the day has come...I am sharing a not-so-savory recipe 🙂 It had to happen sometime, right?
But overnight oats have always been one of my favorite recipes to have for breakfast and I just had to share them with you. These Peanut Butter Banana Overnight Oats are especially good!
These come together so quick (like 5 minutes), and then the wait time starts. As the name suggests - you need to let these sit overnight (or at least 4 hours).
Letting these sit overnight allows the oats and chia seeds to absorb the liquid and get nice and creamy.
What kind of oats should I use for overnight oats?
I used quick oats, but you can use traditional oats as well. Since they are going to sit overnight, they will have plenty of time to absorb the liquid in the jar.
How long will overnight oats last in the fridge?
You really don't want to let these sit in the fridge longer than 2-3 days. They will turn to total mush and depending on how old your almond milk is, they could go bad.
But you won't really have to worry about this, because you're going to want to eat them right away - they're so good!
Should I eat overnight oats hot or cold?
Either way is good - but I like them cold out of the fridge.
If you want to eat them hot, give them a quick zap in the microwave or dump them in a pot and heat them up on the stove.
Again, you really can't go wrong with this quick breakfast!
Need more breakfast inspo? Check out these recipes:
Peanut Butter Banana Overnight Oats
- 1 ripe banana
- ⅔ cups oats I used quick oats but you can use traditional oats
- 4 teaspoon chia seeds
- 2 teaspoon agave or maple syrup
- 2 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 cup non-dairy milk I used unsweetened almond milk
- small pinch of pink salt optional
- Place banana in a mixing bowl and mash with a fork.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir to combine. Divide the mixture between 2 jars and cover. Place in the fridge overnight (or for at least 4 hours).
- Serve with extra banana slices, granola and chia seeds.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!