These Vegan Cream Cheese Pesto Crostini are the perfect party appetizer. Smooth cream cheese, vibrant pesto and blistered garlicky tomatoes combine to make the perfect topping for crispy bread.
Let's be honest, summer is all about the bright and fresh flavors. And one of my most favorite things to make (and eat) during summer is pesto.
I mean, what is better than fresh herbs, garlic and pine nuts (or cashews, pumpkin seeds, walnuts, etc.) being blended together with some olive oil??? It is literally flavor heaven.
TSV TIP: Need a good pesto recipe? You can find some of mine here, here and here. I also love the vegan kale pesto from Trader Joe's.
And as if those flavors weren't enough, we are going next level by combing the pesto with tangy vegan cream cheese, tomatoes that have been sautéed with garlic and a toasted bread slice.
To finish these off, give them a nice drizzle of balsamic glaze and a sprinkle of fresh herbs.
The combination of all of these things makes for one of the best appetizers, like, ever. You will be wondering how your ate bread any other way.
Need more appetizer inspo? Check out my White Bean Crostini with Pesto recipe.
Vegan Cream Cheese Pesto Crostini
- 1 small loaf french bread cut in 12 slices
- 4 oz vegan cream cheese
- 4 oz pesto
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic diced
- 12 oz cherry tomatoes cut in half
- salt & pepper
- balsamic glaze to taste
- fresh herbs parsley or basil
- Cut french bread into ½" slices. Place on a baking sheet and toast in the oven until browned on the edges.
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add garlic and tomatoes. Sprinkle with salt & pepper and saute until tomatoes begin to burst.
- To assemble, spread a thin layer of cream cheese on each bread slice. Top with pesto and a few tomato halves. Drizzle crostini with balsamic glaze and sprinkle with fresh herbs. Serve immediately.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!
Leave a Reply