In need of the perfect appetizer? This White Bean Crostini with Pesto is savory and bright. Made with tons of fresh herbs this is sure to be the ultimate crowd pleaser.
Anytime you can put a tasty spread on bread, you can count me in. But when you can have a tasty spread on bread AND pesto, you know we've hit the next level.
I recently shared with you the recipe for my White Bean Dip with Herbs. We're going to use that same recipe for the base of this crostini. It is perfect since it can be served hot or cold. For this particular recipe I prefer it warmed up - it provides a nice balance to the warm bread and fresh pesto.
If you want to make these extra pretty you can sprinkle some microgreens over the top like I did. But if you're just making these as a quick snack or don't have them on hand, feel free to pass on them.
White Bean Crostini with Pesto
FOR THE PESTO
- 2 cups basil packed
- 1 garlic clove
- ¼ cup toasted pine nuts
- ¼ cup vegan parmesan
- ½ lemon juiced
- ¼ - ½ cup olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
FOR THE CROSTINI
- 1 cup White Bean Dip with Herbs link above, warmed up
- 1 baguette cut in ½ inch slices
- olive oil for toasting bread
- microgreens optional
- Prepare the pesto by combining the basil, garlic, pine nuts, parmesan and lemon juice in a food processor. Blend on high until combined. Put food processor on low and drizzle in olive oil until pesto reaches desired consistency. Add salt and pepper and set aside until ready to use.
- Prepare the white bean dip and set aside.
- Heat a griddle or pan over medium-high heat. Brush bread slices with olive oil and toast each side until golden.
- Top each bread slice with 1 tbsp. of white bean dip, followed by a drizzle of pesto and a couple of microgreens.
- Serve and enjoy!