Tofu Veggie Scramble
This Tofu Veggie Scramble is one of my favorite breakfasts!
It is simple to make and has a ton of healthy things going on.
To get the tofu to be that eggy yellow – sauté it up with some turmeric. You get all of the health benefits that turmeric has and your brain is tricked into thinking you are eating eggs 😉
Before I was vegan I ate eggs ALL the time. I think if I had known how to make tofu like this, I would have given up eggs a long time ago.
For the veggie portion of this scramble I used garlic, onions, zucchini, peppers and jalapeño. A traditional combo that has a lot of flavor and adds a little bit of crunch.
I like to serve this with a side of toast and topped with fresh herbs and a little bit of salsa.
This is also the perfect breakfast for meal prepping. Make a batch of this on Sunday and just heat up a portion each morning. You get a hot breakfast everyday with minimal work.
Need some more breakfast inspiration? Check out these Vegan Breakfast Tacos.
Spicy Tofu Scramble
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves diced
- 1/4 yellow onion diced
- 1/2 medium zucchini sliced in half rounds
- 4 small sweet peppers or 1 bell pepper diced
- 1/2 jalapeño optional
- 1/2 block firm tofu drained
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- OPTIONAL TOPPINGS
- Heat a pan over medium heat. Add olive oil, garlic and onion to pan. Sauté for 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently. Add zucchini, peppers and jalapeño to pan and sauté for an additional 2 minutes. Move to one side of the pan.
- Add drained tofu block to the pan and begin to break it up with a potato masher or wooden spoon.*
- Add turmeric, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper to tofu and sauté until heated through. Combine tofu and veggies and add red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately with toast and optional toppings.