3 Detox Smoothies
Its the beginning of the year which means most of us are coming off of 2 weeks worth of holiday food and libations. What better way to reset than with these 3 Detox Smoothies?
Smoothies are one of my favorite ways to start the day. You can stuff a ton of nutritious food into one drink and take it with you – because if you’re anything like me you need something quick and portable for breakfast during the work week.
Each of these smoothies has a detoxifying ingredient. Feel free to mix and match based on what you have on hand.
So, let’s break down these magic ingredients and talk about why they are so good for you:
- TURMERIC – turmeric contains curcumin which is an anti-inflammatory, an antioxidant, lowers risk of heart disease and may even slow the signs of aging. WIN!
- CINNAMON – other than just tasting amazing, cinnamon is packed with antioxidants, is an anti-inflammatory, fights diabetes and can even keep your breath smelling fresh.
- FLAX SEED MEAL – flax seeds are high in fiber (keeps you regular), contain healthy fats that are good for your skin and nails, and can help lower your cholesterol.
- SPINACH – you can tell spinach is good for you just by looking at it’s dark leafy greens, but there are lots of health benefits of eating spinach such as, cancer prevention, lowering blood pressure and increasing your bone health.
- LEMON – adding lemon juice to your smoothie helps with digestion, gives you a dose of potassium and can help aid in weight lose.
Wowza – so much nutrition in such small packages.
More of a visual person? Check out the video here:
3 Detox Smoothies
- BANANA TURMERIC SMOOTHIE
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 banana frozen and sliced
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. turmeric
- STRAWBERRY BANANA FLAX MEAL SMOOTHIE
- 1 cup water
- splash of OJ
- 1 1/2 cups frozen bananas + strawberries
- 2 tsp. flax seed meal
- STRAWBERRY LEMON GREEN SMOOTHIE
- 1 cup OJ
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 cup baby spinach
- Add ingredients for smoothie of choice to a blender and blend until smooth.
If you make this recipe be sure to snap a photo + post it + and tag #thissavoryvegan and @thissavoryvegan!