Spicy Vegan Kimchi Ramen
This Spicy Vegan Kimchi Ramen is comforting, filling and slightly spicy. Made with instant noodles and flavor-packed Kimchi Relish, this is a great weeknight dinner idea!
This post is sponsored by Nasoya.
If you want something warm and cozy, look no further than this Spicy Vegan Kimchi Ramen. It is packed with veggies, tofu, noodles and super delicious broth. The broth’s base is a combo of garlic, ginger, green onions, veggie broth and Nasoya’s Spicy Kimchi Relish. As you know, I’m a big fan of Nasoya – they have a Firm Tofu product that would work great in this recipe as well!
Nasoya’s Kimchi Relish is perfectly spicy, sweet & tangy. AND an added plus is there’s no need to chop up kimchi for this recipe since the relish is already in bite-sized pieces. Nasoya’s Kimchi Relish is a convenient way to add extra layers of flavor to the broth. Check out their store locator to see where you can get it!
How to make Spicy Vegan Kimchi Ramen
When it comes to soups like these, I like to prep all of my ingredients ahead of time so that once you get going everything comes together quickly.
Start out by adding the garlic, ginger and green onion to a stock pot with some sesame oil. Cook that down for 60 seconds. Add in the yellow onion & gochugaru (this is a Korean spice that you can find in the spice aisle at most grocery stores) and cook down for another 3 minutes.
Add in the broth, soy sauce, rice vinegar, kimchi and tofu and let it simmer while the noodles cook – if you plan to eat this all in one sitting, you don’t have to cook the noodles separately.
Right before serving add the kale to the broth and let it cook for about a minute, or until wilted. And now, it’s time to assemble.
How to serve Spicy Vegan Kimchi Ramen
Split the noodles between 3 bowls and top with the broth/tofu mixture. Top off the bowls with some shredded carrots, green onion and sesame seeds.
This ramen is incredibly delicious and the perfect dinner for a cold night! It has the perfect amount of kick (without setting your mouth on fire)!
Need more recipe inspo? Check these out:
Spicy Vegan Kimchi Ramen
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic diced
- 4 green onions diced, greens and whites separated
- 1/2 large yellow onion sliced
- 1 teaspoon gochugaru optional
- 4 cups veggie broth
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 jar Nasoya Spicy Kimchi Relish
- 1/2 block Nasoya Firm Tofu drained, pressed and cubed
- 2 cups kale ripped in bite-sized pieces
- 2 squares ramen ditch the seasoning packet
- 1 carrot shredded, for serving
- sesame seeds for serving
- Heat sesame oil in a stock pot over medium heat. Add the ginger, garlic and whites of the green onions. Cook for 60 seconds. Add the yellow onion & gochugaru and cook down for 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Pour in the broth, soy sauce and rice vinegar. Add the kimchi relish & tofu and bring the broth to a boil. Lower heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a pot of water to a boil* and cook the ramen noodles. Cook until al dente and drain.
- Add the kale to the broth and stir until wilted (about 1 minute). Turn off the heat.
- To assemble, split the noodles between 3 bowls, ladle the broth & tofu over top and serve with carrots & sesame seeds.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!