Hold the broth on this one - instead we are whipping up these saucy and delicious Roasted Veggie Ramen Noodles. A quick & healthy weeknight dinner!
This time of year I LOVE roasting big trays of veggies - especially brussels sprouts and cauliflower. And what better way to eat them, then with a BIG bowl of saucy ramen noodles?!? This meal is filling, savory and perfectly seasoned. The best way to eat your veggies!
How to roast the veggies
First things first, we need to roast the veggies. Dice up the sprouts and the cauliflower and toss them in separate bowls with a few seasonings and some oil. Lay them out on a couple baking sheets and pop them in the oven.
After 15 minutes, flip the cauliflower and check on the sprouts - because they are seasoned with soy sauce, they can caramelize pretty quick. Cook the cauliflower for another 15 minutes and pull the sprouts out as soon as they reach your desired crispiness. I OBVIOUSLY like mine super crispy, but do what's right for you!
How to make the noodles
While the veggies are roasting, whip together the sauce and cook the noodles. I just bought plain old ramen packs (and tossed the seasoning packet). Just be sure not to overcook them since they will continue cooking in the sauce.
Place the same pot you cooked the noodles in back on the stove and cook down the tofu in sesame oil, corn starch and pepper. Let any excess moisture cook off, then add in the garlic, shallots and ½ of the sauce. Cook until everything gets tender and starts to caramelize.
Lastly, add the cooked noodles and the rest of the sauce back to the pot. Give everything a good mix, then serve it up with the roasted veggies, green onions & sesame seeds.
Swaps you can make
This recipe works well with all kinds of veggies. You could serve this with roasted broccoli, carrots, bok choy - all good options.
You can also swap out the ramen noodles for spaghetti, linguine or rice noodles. This is a great recipe to use what you have on hand! So open up the fridge and make these noodles tonight!
Need more recipe inspo? Check these out:
Roasted Veggie Ramen Noodles
FOR THE CAULIFLOWER
FOR THE BRUSSELS SPROUTS
FOR THE SAUCE
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In separate bowls toss the cauliflower ingredients and the brussels sprouts ingredients together. Place the brussels sprouts cut-side down on one baking sheet. Spread out the cauliflower on the other baking sheet. Sprinkle both with salt and place in the oven. Bake for 15 minutes and flip the cauliflower (no need to flip the sprouts, but check them to make sure they aren't getting too dark). Then bake for another 5-15 minutes until everything is crispy.* Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Meanwhile, bring a pot of water to a boil. Add the ramen and cook until al dente. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Place the empty pot back on the stove and heat the sesame oil over medium heat. Add the tofu, corn starch & pepper and break apart with a wooden spoon. Cook for about 5 minutes, then add the shallots, garlic and ½ the sauce. Toss until the shallots and garlic are tender.
- Add the noodles & the rest of the sauce to the pot and toss until heated through. Serve right away with the roasted veggies, green onions and sesame seeds.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!