These Shishito Pepper Noodles are made with blistered peppers, a vegan stir-fry sauce, linguine noodles and maple sesame cashews!
There is nothing better than a homemade stir-fry. You get everything you need in one bowl. Saucy noodles, veggies...it's all so good. And we're taking this noodle bowl to another level by topping it with maple sesame cashews. These cashews are slightly spicy, a little sweet and completely delicious! This is a great weeknight dinner!
How to make the Maple Sesame Cashews
Combine the cashews, maple syrup, cayenne pepper and sesame seeds in a bowl. Give everything a good toss and spread them out on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
They just need to bake for 15 minutes, and you will have golden, sticky, delicious cashews. Be sure to let them cool on the baking sheet - otherwise they will stick together.
How to make Shishito Pepper Noodles
While the cashews are roasting, you can get started on the noodles. Cook the linguine noodles in a pot of boiling water, drain and rinse with cold water.
Meanwhile, heat some oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the shishito peppers and cover. Let the peppers sear on one side, flip and do the same on the other side. Add the onions, garlic and ginger to the pan and cook until tender. Add in the cooled noodles, cabbage and sauce and give everything a good toss.
How to serve Shishito Pepper Noodles
Once the sauce has been absorbed into the noodles, it is time to serve them up. Dish the noodles and peppers into bowls and top them with the cashews, green onion and red chili peppers.
These noodles have everything - tender noodles, seared veggies and lots of crunch. These also make great leftovers!
Need more recipe inspo? Check these out:
Shishito Pepper Noodles
FOR THE CASHEWS
- 1 cup cashews raw
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon black sesame seeds
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper optional
FOR THE SAUCE
FOR THE NOODLES
- 8 ounces linguine dry
- 2 tablespoons oil I used avocado
- 6 ounces shishito peppers whole
- ½ large yellow onion sliced
- 3 cloves garlic diced
- 1 teaspoon ginger diced
- 1 cup cabbage chopped
- green onion, red chili peppers for serving
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Combine the cashew ingredients in a bowl. Transfer the cashews to the baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes, flipping halfway. Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the baking sheet.
- Combine the sauce ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add the linguine and cook until al dente*. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a skillet** over medium-high heat. Add the peppers, cover and sear until charred. Toss and char the other side - lowering heat as needed.
- Once the peppers are seared, add the onion, garlic and ginger to the pan. Cook for 2 minutes. Add the cabbage, noodles and sauce & toss until the sauce has been absorbed and the cabbage is tender.
- Divide the noodles/veggies into bowls and top with cashews, green onion and chili peppers.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!