These Spicy Lentil & Rice Wraps are seasoned to perfection, loaded with crunchy cabbage and served with a tangy lemon tahini sauce.
If you've ever tried the spicy lentil wraps from Trader Joe's then these will look slightly familiar. BUT, in my opinion, these are wayyyyy more tasty! Lentils and rice are mixed with hummus, olive oil & seasonings before being rolled up in lavash with cabbage & spicy mayo. Served up with a lemon tahini dipping sauce, these are a great make ahead lunch idea!
How to make the Spicy Lentil & Rice Wraps filling
The filling is super simple to make. Combine cooked rice & lentils with hummus, olive oil and a handful of seasonings. You can serve the filling hot or cold - I went with cold.
Next, combine vegan mayo and chili garlic sauce - this will go inside the wrap.
Lastly, whip up the lemon tahini dipping sauce. Again, just grab your ingredients and mix them up in a bowl. Easy peasy.
How to assemble Spicy Lentil & Rice Wraps
Now, you are ready to assemble. Grab some lavash bread (or the wrap of your choice) and add a layer of spicy mayo, lentils & rice, and shredded cabbage. Roll it up and cut the wrap in half.
Serve with the lemon tahini sauce on the side. You can easily make these ahead of time for quick, on the go, lunches.
Need more recipe inspo? Check these out:
Spicy Lentil & Rice Wraps
FOR THE LENTILS & RICE
FOR THE SPICY MAYO
- 2 tablespoon vegan mayo
- chili garlic sauce to taste
FOR THE LEMON TAHINI SAUCE
- ¼ cup tahini
- lemon juice to taste - I used 2 small lemons
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon dried parsley
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- water as needed, to thin
FOR THE WRAPS
- 4 pieces lavash or wrap of choice
- shredded cabbage
- Combine all of the lentil & rice ingredients in a bowl. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed. Set aside.
- Combine the spicy mayo ingredients in a bowl and mix to combine. Set aside.
- Combine the lemon tahini sauce ingredients in a bowl and stir to combine. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed. Set aside.
- To assemble, spread some spicy mayo down the center of the lavash followed by lentils/rice and cabbage. Roll up and cut in half. Serve with the lemon tahini sauce on the side.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!