These Zesty Lentil, Bean & Rice Plates are a super easy 30 minute vegan dinner. Filled with veggies, beans, lentils and a savory sauce.
Another comforting, 30 minute, healthy dinner coming your way today in the form of these Zesty Lentil, Bean & Rice Plates.
This is the perfect dinner to make when you don't have a lot of time, want something cozy but also has lots of flavor. You can change this up based on what you have on hand. But almost all of the ingredients are staples in my house, so you should be able to make this at the drop of a hat.
How to make your Zesty Lentil, Bean & Rice Plates
Get your veggies together in a hot pan. Cook them until tender and then add in your beans, lentils and the sauce ingredients - enchilada sauce, vegan beef broth and fire roasted tomatoes.
While everything simmers, get your rice ready by making it from scratch or using a freezer-friendly version (I personally love the frozen rice packets from Trader Joe's).
To serve, add rice to each plate, followed by a big scoop of your bean, lentil and veggie mixture. Top it all off with plenty of hot sauce, lime juice and fresh cilantro.
You can also serve this with some warm tortillas on the side if you need more carbs in your life.
This also makes a great meal prepped lunch - leftovers should last in the fridge for 2-3 days.
More of a visual person? Check out the video of how to make these Zesty Lentil, Bean & Rice Plates:
Zesty Lentil, Bean & Rice Plates
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small red onion diced
- 1 red bell pepper deseeded and diced
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 15-ounce can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- ½ cup red enchilada sauce canned or homemade
- 2 cloves garlic diced
- 1 15-ounce can red kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 2.5 cups cooked lentils I get mine in the refrigerator section at the grocery store
- 1 cup vegan beef broth* or broth of choice
- rice, cilantro, lime wedges, hot sauce for serving
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium high heat. Add onion, bell pepper, paprika, oregano and a pinch of salt & pepper to the pan. Toss to combine and cook until soft (approx. 5-7 minutes).
- Add tomatoes, enchilada sauce, garlic, beans, lentils and broth to the pan, stir to combine and bring to a simmer. Turn heat to low and cook for an additional 10-12 minutes. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
- Serve with rice, cilantro, lime wedges and hot sauce.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!