This Chipotle Ginger Cashew Dressing is zesty, creamy and totally tasty. Use this vegan dressing on salads, bowls or as a dipping sauce!
This is one of those dressings that you can eat with just about anything. It has so many flavors going on that it will work with tacos, rice noodle bowls, salads. Super versatile!
I have personally been eating this with my Chickpea Meatball recipe. You can just dunk the meatballs in the sauce or serve them over a salad with this as the dressing.
How to Make this Chipotle Ginger Cashew Dressing
This dressing comes together SUPER quickly. Combine all of your ingredients in a high powered blender and combine until smooth.
Add water as needed until it gets to the consistency you want, and that's it. I really like to leave this on the thicker side. That way I can use it as a dip, or add more water later if I want to use it as a dressing. This makes a lot of dressing, so I like to be able to use each batch in more than one way.
How to Quickly Soak Cashews
This recipe does call for soaked cashews. Now, you could have great foresight and soak your cashews in room temperature water the day before you need them. BUT, who really has time for that?
Instead, soak the cashews in boiling water for 20-30 minutes and you are good to go.
How to Store Homemade Dressings & Dips
This dressing will last in the fridge for 5 days!
SHOP THE POST
Chipotle Ginger Cashew Dressing
- ½ cup cashews unsalted, soaked & drained*
- 3 green onions roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic peeled
- 1 chipotle pepper from a can of chipotles in adobo sauce
- 2 teaspoon canned chipotle pepper adobo sauce
- 2 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon agave
- 4 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon ginger powder
- 1 tablespoon chili garlic sauce
- 1 lemon or lime juiced, about 1.5 tbsp
- water as needed
- cilantro chopped, optional
- Add cashews to a bowl or jar. Cover with boiling water and allow to soak for 30 minutes then drain the water.
- Add all of the ingredients and ¼ cup of water to a high powered blender. Blend on high until smooth. Pour in additional water until your desired consistency is reached.**
- Transfer the dressing to a bowl or jar and cover. Place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- When serving, stir in additional water as needed and chopped cilantro.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!