This Crunchy Chickpea Kale Salad with Peanut Ginger Dressing is a healthy dinner recipe that is both quick and tasty.
I am all about a quick and easy dinner. And one of my go-to ingredients lately are canned chickpeas. They are filled with fiber (aka they will keep you full) and they require little to no cook time.
In today's recipe, chickpeas are heated up with a few ingredients in a pan before being added to the ultimate asian salad.
Kale, cabbage, carrots, cilantro, green onion and chopped peanuts are tossed together, topped with those chickpeas and drizzled with a simple peanut ginger dressing.
Weeknight dinners never looked so good.
Crunchy Chickpea Kale Salad with Peanut Ginger Dressing
FOR THE CHICKPEAS
- ½ tsp sesame oil
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sriracha
- 1 tsp garlic powder
FOR THE PEANUT GINGER DRESSING
- 6 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- ½ lime juiced
- 5 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1-2 tbsp ginger chopped, to taste
- 1 clove garlic diced
- 1-2 tbsp sriracha to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- water as needed
FOR THE SALAD
- 3 cups kale chopped
- 1 cup napa cabbage chopped or use pre-cut coleslaw mix
- ½ cup matchstick carrots
- ¼ cup cilantro chopped
- ¼ cup peanuts chopped
- 2 green onions chopped
- Heat the sesame oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the chickpeas, soy sauce, sriracha and garlic powder to the pan. Sauté for 5-7 minutes.*
- While the chickpeas are cooking, prepare the dressing. Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl and stir to combine. Add water until desired consistency is reached. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
- To assemble, add kale, cabbage, carrots, cilantro, peanuts, green onions and chickpeas to a bowl. Toss to combine.
- Serve in bowls and top with desired amount of dressing.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!