Soy Chorizo & Potato Tostadas
These Soy Chorizo & Potato Tostadas are made with refried beans, crispy potatoes, soyrizo and a salsa verde avocado salsa!
These Soy Chorizo & Potato Tostadas are so freaking tasty! They have simple ingredients – refried beans, roasted potatoes, soy chorizo & avocado salsa. The leftovers are GREAT for next day lunches. These are going to be on repeat at my house, because I can’t get enough of them!
Step One: Roast the Potatoes
These roasted potatoes only have 3 ingredients and are SO good – I eat them straight off of the baking sheet when they come out of the oven!
Add cubed potatoes, oil & taco seasoning to a bowl and toss to coat evenly. Transfer to a lined baking sheet and spread in an even layer.
Place in the oven for 20 minutes, flip and cook for another 10-20 minutes – or until the potatoes are crispy and cooked through.
Step Two: Make the Soyrizo
Soy chorizo (or “soyrizo”) is one of my favorite vegan meat substitutes. You can find it at just about any grocery store (look in the “vegan” fridge section), but I usually get mine at Trader Joe’s.
Heat some oil in a skillet and add diced onion and the crumbled soyrizo. Cook for 5-10 minutes, or until the soyrizo is crispy. Keep on low heat until ready to serve.
Step Three: Make the Avocado Salsa
This avocado salsa is super yummy, and most of the flavor comes from one ingredient – salsa verde! You can either make it from scratch or get it store-bought.
Here is everything you need:
- salsa verde
- yellow onion
- lime juice
Add all of the avocado salsa ingredients to a bowl and mix to combine. Taste and play around with the seasonings – you might want to add more lime juice or salt!
Step Four: Assemble
Heat some refried beans in a sauce pan with a little bit of water (this will loosen up the beans), and heat up the tostada shells – I like to put them on a baking sheet in the oven for 3-5 minutes.
To assemble, layer each tostada shell with refried beans, potatoes, soyrizo and avocado salsa.
You can add some extra cilantro or some hot sauce if you like it spicy! These tostadas are addicting, so be prepared to fall in love!
Need more recipe inspo? Check these out:
Soy Chorizo & Potato Tostadas
FOR THE POTATOES
FOR THE AVOCADO SALSA
FOR THE TOSTADAS
- 1 15-ounce can refried beans
- 8 tostada shells
- hot sauce, lime wedges, cilantro optional, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add all of the potato ingredients to a bowl and toss to coat evenly. Transfer to the baking sheet and spread in an even layer. Place in the oven for 20 minutes, flip and cook for another 10-20 minutes – or until the potatoes are crispy and cooked through. Remove from the oven.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a skillet and add the onion and soyrizo. Cook for 5-10 minutes, or until the soyrizo is crispy. Keep on low heat until ready to serve.
- Add the refried beans to a sauce pan with a little water over medium heat. Stir often until heated through. Keep on low heat until ready to serve.
- Add all of the avocado salsa ingredients to a bowl and mix to combine. Taste and adjust the seasonings as needed.
- Heat the tostadas shells on a baking sheet in the oven for a few minutes.
- To assemble, layer each tostada shell with refried beans, potatoes, soyrizo and avocado salsa. Serve with the optional toppings.
- I got the soyrizo and refried beans at Trader Joe’s, but you can find both at most grocery stores. Be sure that the refried beans you purchase are vegan-friendly.