This Southwest Roasted Cabbage Wedge Salad takes the classic to another level - soyrizo, corn, tomatoes, vegan chipotle ranch and lots of cilantro!
This wedge salad is PERFECT for the colder months when you want a salad but also want something warm. And if you've never had roasted cabbage, then you NEED to try it! I could eat these cabbage wedges on their own...they're that good! But the addition of the toppings and chipotle ranch take this to another level. This salad is comforting, delicious and simple!
How to make the roasted cabbage wedges
Roasting the cabbage is beyond easy. Quarter a cabbage - being sure to leave the stem intact so that the wedges stay together. Place the wedges on a parchment lined baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper. Place in the oven and bake for 22 minutes - flipping after 12. Just be sure to roast the wedges cut-side down.
When the wedges come out of the oven they will be slightly charred, tender, but still crunchy. You can let them cool slightly before serving, or assemble right out of the oven.
How to make the salad toppings
Add all of the vegan chipotle ranch ingredients to a food processor or blender and pulse until combined. If you like your dressing on the thinner side, you can add water or non-dairy milk. You likely won't use all of the dressing for this recipe - you can store leftovers in the fridge for 2-3 days.
You will also need to brown the soyrizo. Heat some oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the soyrizo and crumble it with a wooden spoon. Cook for a few minutes, stirring frequently, until slightly browned. Remove from the heat and set aside.
How to assemble this Southwest Roasted Cabbage Wedge Salad
Now for the fun part...assembly. Place the cooked wedges on a plate and drizzle with the chipotle ranch. Top with soyrizo, corn, cherry tomatoes and chopped cilantro. Grab a knife & fork and dig in.
This salad is not only tasty, it is fun to make and pretty to look at. This is a show stopping salad you can make for guests and totally impress with!
Need more recipe inspo? Check these out:
Southwest Roasted Cabbage Wedge Salad
FOR THE CABBAGE
- 1 head cabbage quartered
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
FOR THE CHIPOTLE RANCH*
- ½ cup vegan mayo
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 1-2 chipotles in adobo to taste
- 1 tablespoon dried chives
- salt if needed
- water or non-dairy milk to thin
FOR THE SALAD
- olive oil
- 4 ounces soyrizo
- ⅓ cup corn
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes quartered
- cilantro chopped, to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place cabbage wedges on the baking sheet and drizzle all sides with olive oil, salt and pepper. Place each wedge cut-side down and bake in the oven for 12 minutes. Flip to the other cut side and cook for 10 more minutes. Remove from the oven.
- Meanwhile, add all of the chipotle ranch ingredients (through the chives) to a food processor or blender. Pulse to combine. Taste & add water and/or salt if needed. Set aside.
- Heat some oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the soyrizo and crumble with a wooden spoon. Cook for 3-5 minutes, or until it starts to brown. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- To assemble, place a cabbage wedge on a plate and drizzle with dressing. Top with soyrizo, corn, tomatoes and cilantro. Can be served warm or at room temperature.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!
Phenomenal! We both loved it. Next time, and there will be a next time, I will cut up the cabbage before roasting it. My husband has a hard time chewing somethings. There was extra dressing. YIPPEE!