These Vegan BLT Summer Rolls are the perfect cold lunch or snack. Loaded with tempeh bacon, cherry tomatoes, butter lettuce & avocado. Served with Vegan Cilantro Ranch.
I am sooooooooo into this recipe. It combines all of my favorite things - summer rolls, TTLA (Tempeh Tomato Lettuce Avocado) sandwiches & vegan ranch. The best flavor combo for a summer snack or lunch.
I know it may sound weird to eat tempeh bacon cold, but let me tell you, it is absolutely delicious. It will still hold its crunch from pan frying it first, and that's all that really matters.
And if you haven't experimented with rice paper before, don't be afraid. The first one might turn out a little funky, but by the third roll you'll be a pro.
How to Assemble Vegan BLT Summer Roles
These summer roles are super easy to assemble. Cook up the tempeh bacon and chop up the tomatoes & avocado.
Soak the rice paper for 6-10 seconds then layer the filling ingredients inside. Roll it up like a burrito then cut in half. You can eat these all at once, or store them in a container in the fridge for 2-3 days.
What to Dip Vegan BLT Summer Rolls in
I personally love these summer rolls dipped in Vegan Cilantro Ranch. It is the perfect creamy counterpart to these crunchy rolls.
BUT some other options are plain vegan ranch, BBQ sauce or Creamy Dreamy Green Sauce. No matter what you dip these in, you are going to love them!
Vegan BLT Summer Rolls
- olive oil spray
- 6 large pieces tempeh bacon* approx. 4 oz
- butter lettuce
- 9 cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 small avocados sliced
- Vegan Cilantro Ranch
- 6 pieces rice paper
- Heat a pan over medium heat. Spray with olive oil and add the tempeh bacon to the pan. Cook until browned on both sides (approx. 3-5 minutes per side). Remove from the pan and set aside until cool.
- While the tempeh is cooling, prepare the Vegan Cilantro Ranch and the rest of the veggies. If your tempeh bacon is in long strips, cut them in half.
- Fill a large bowl with room temperature water. Soak 1 rice paper roll in the water for 6-10 seconds. You want the rice paper to be soft but pliable – it will continue to soften as you fill it.
- Place the rice paper on a flat surface and layer lettuce, tempeh bacon, avocado & tomatoes in the center. Roll it up like a burrito and place on a cutting board.
- Repeat the process with the rest of the ingredients. Use a sharp knife and cut each roll into 2 pieces.
- Serve with Vegan Cilantro Ranch.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!