This Vegan Zuppa Toscana soup is perfectly creamy and comforting. Potatoes, vegan sausage and kale…
This One-Pot Vegan Hamburger Helper is 100 times tastier (and healthier) than the classic boxed dinner. Made with lentils for plenty of fiber and protein.
Did anyone else grow up on that boxed hamburger helper? I don’t remember eating it a lot, but it definitely was around in my childhood.
Today we are elevating a boxed dinner to something that is healthy, vegan and made in one pot (hello, easy weeknight dinner).
So, let’s talk about how to make this One-Pot Vegan Hamburger Helper
This recipe really is super simple. Sauté some onions and garlic with a few staple spices. Add in the lentils and tomato paste. Then bring the pasta and broth (you can find my favorite vegan beef broth here) to a boil.
Once the liquid has been absorbed by the pasta, add a little vegan cream cheese to the mix – for that extra creamy texture. Serve it up with green onions, hot sauce and plenty of crusty bread.
And that’s it. Dinner is ready in 30 minutes with minimal dishes and plenty of happy tummies.
One-Pot Vegan Hamburger Helper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic diced
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- salt & pepper to taste
- 12 oz cooked lentils
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 8 oz macaroni dry
- 3 cups vegan beef broth*
- 2-4 tbsp vegan cream cheese I used chive flavored
- green onion for topping
- hot sauce optional
- Heat olive oil in a stock pot over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, smoked paprika, salt and pepper. Stir to coat evenly and cook for 3-5 minutes, or until onions are tender.
- Add cooked lentils and tomato paste to the pot and stir to combine. Add broth and macaroni to the pot. Cover and bring to a boil. Once boiling, uncover and cook until the liquid has been absorbed and the macaroni is cooked (approx. 10-12 minutes). Stir frequently so the pasta doesn't stick to the bottom.
- Before serving, add vegan cream cheese to the pot and stir to combine.
- Serve while hot, topped with green onion and hot sauce.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!