This Pan Seared Vegan Pesto Gnocchi combines gnocchi that have been browned in vegan butter with fresh pesto for a quick weeknight dinner.
Ready for the easiest dinner recipe, like, ever?
This Pan Seared Vegan Pesto Gnocchi is not only totally delicious, it is going to take you less than 20 minutes and is going to have everyone drooling in the process.
What makes this dish special is the browning of the gnocchi before you mix in the pesto sauce.
To do this, you are going to melt some vegan butter in a pan and allow the gnocchi to get a nice crunchy layer on one side. The trick to this is not messing with them while they are browning. Let them cook in the butter for at least 3 minutes before checking them (I mean, unless you accidentally set your stove to a crazy high heat and you smell burning. Then, by all means, check on them sooner).
Otherwise, let those babies do their thing. I know waiting is hard, but it is the key to the perfect crust.
Once you do this, mix them up and add in your pesto. You can use any pesto you like. You can find some of my pesto recipes here, here and here or you can purchase one like the Trader Joe's kale pesto - which, I totally love and recommend.
After everything is combined you are pretty much done. Mix it up, serve it with some vegan parm if you want and get to eating.
This is one of those recipes you will come back to again and again because of how easy it is and how full of flavor it is.
More of a visual person? Check out the video:
Pan Seared Vegan Pesto Gnocchi
- 16 oz package gnocchi
- 2 tablespoon butter
- ¼ cup vegan pesto
- ½ cup non-dairy milk unsweetened
- fresh basil, vegan parmesan optional toppings
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add gnocchi and cook for 3 minutes (or until they float to the top). Drain and set aside.
- Melt butter in a pan over medium heat. Add gnocchi and sear until browned (allow to sear for at least 3 minutes before moving them).
- Add pesto and milk to the pan and sauté until milk has reduced and everything is combined (approximately 2 minutes).
- Remove from the heat and serve immediately. Add optional toppings if desired.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!