These Maple Sriracha Soy Curl Tacos are crispy, sweet & spicy. Air fried (or baked) and served with spicy mayo, shredded cabbage & limes.
Crispy tacos made in the air fryer (or baked) filled with saucy soy curls & peppers. These tacos have the perfect balance of crunch, creaminess and spice. The spicy mayo is the perfect sauce for dipping and the lime juice adds some brightness.
How to Make the Maple Sriracha Soy Curls
As with all soy curl recipes, the first step is soaking them in hot water. Once the soy curls are rehydrated, drain them and press out all of the liquid. Toss the soy curls with some corn starch - this will help them get crispy.
Mix together the sauce - soy sauce, sriracha, maple syrup, sesame oil & ginger powder.
Heat some oil in a skillet and add the soy curls. Cook until crispy on both sides. This should take about 10 minutes. Add some sliced peppers and cook for a couple more minutes. Pour in the sauce and toss until the soy curls are coated & caramelized and the sauce is absorbed.
How to Assemble
To assemble, heat some corn tortillas - I like to wrap them in a damp paper towel and heat them in the microwave for 60 seconds.
Add some oil to one side of a tortilla and flip it over. Add some of the soy curl filling and gently close. Place in the air fryer basket and repeat with the remaining ingredients.
Cook the tacos in the air fryer (see recipe notes for baking instructions) and cook for 5 minutes. Flip and cook for another 5 minutes. You will likely need to work in batches.
How to Serve
And now for my favorite part - the toppings for serving. I added some shredded cabbage and cilantro. And, of course, we need a sauce. This spicy mayo is incredibly easy and so tasty with these tacos.
Lots of lime juice is a must for these tacos! The combo of the spicy mayo, crispy soy curls and fresh veggies makes these tacos totally tasty!
Need More Recipe Inspo? Check these Out!
Did you Make this Recipe?
If you made these Maple Sriracha Soy Curl Tacos I would LOVE to hear what you thought. Be sure to drop a comment and a rating below! You can also tag me on social media if you snapped a photo. I LOVE seeing your recreations!
Maple Sriracha Soy Curl Tacos
FOR THE MAPLE SRIRACHA SAUCE
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1-2 tablespoons sriracha to taste
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- ¼ teaspoon ginger powder
FOR THE TACOS
- 4 ounces soy curls dry
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- avocado oil
- 5 small sweet peppers cut in strips, or sub 1 bell pepper
- 8 corn tortilla
- shredded cabbage, spicy mayo*, lime wedges, cilantro for serving
- Combine the sauce ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- Add the soy curls to a bowl and cover with boiling water. Allow to sit for 10 minutes. Drain the soy curls and rinse with cold water. Use your hands to squeeze out as much water as possible. Place back in the empty bowl and toss with the corn starch.
- Heat some oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the soy curls and cook for 10 minutes, flipping halfway. Add the peppers and cook for another 2 minutes. Pour in the sauce and toss until the sauce has been absorbed and the soy curls have started to caramelize.
- Heat the tortillas. Working one at a time, brush some oil onto one side of a tortilla, flip it over and add some of the soy curls. Gently close and place in the air fryer basket (see notes for baking instructions). Repeat with the remaining ingredients - working in batches if needed. Cook at 380 for 10 minutes, flipping halfway.
- Serve hot with the optional toppings.
Thank you for this amazing recipe! I made this last night and was completely blown away by the delicious flavor and textures of this meal. This will absolutely be a weekly meal for me! With leftovers for lunch! ❤️
Yayyyy! So glad you liked it Cat!