These Maple Sriracha Tofu Bowls have the perfect amount of sweetness & spice. Served over rice with spicy mayo & sesame seeds.
I LOVE a quick tofu bowl. And this bowl is definitely at the top of my list right now. The tofu gets a little sweetness from the syrup and a nice kick from the sriracha. Plus plenty of crunch by tossing the tofu in corn starch before cooking it in a little oil. Serve it up over rice with avocado slices and spicy mayo. It's the best combo!
How to Make the Tofu
The key to crispy tofu is to make sure to press out as much liquid as possible. I like to do this by placing the tofu on a plate and putting another bowl on top of it. You could also be fancy and get a tofu press, but I like my method better.
Once the tofu is pressed, cut it into cubes and toss with corn starch. Heat some oil in a skillet (I like to use a neutral oil, like avocado) and brown the tofu. You don't have to brown all 6 sides. I think as long as you get 4 sides crispy, it is fine.
Once crispy, remove the tofu from the skillet. Add a little more oil and then cook down some garlic and chopped green onion for a couple of minutes. Add the tofu back to the skillet and pour in the sauce - a combo of maple syrup, sriracha, soy sauce, sesame oil & ginger powder.
Let the tofu cook in the sauce for a couple of minutes. All of the sauce should be absorbed and somewhat caramelized.
How to Serve
To make the bowls, add cooked rice to the bottom and then top with the tofu. Add some avocado slices and sprinkle with sesame seeds. I also like to drizzle on some spicy mayo - to make this, just combine 1 part sriracha to 2 parts vegan mayo. This isn't essential, but super tasty!
These bowls are soooo good. You can make them for an easy weeknight dinner or meal prep everything for lunch on the go. These are healthy, simple and delicious!
Need More Recipe Inspo? Check these Out!
Did you Make this Recipe?
If you made these Maple Sriracha Tofu Bowls I would LOVE to hear what you thought. Be sure to drop a comment and a rating below! You can also tag me on social media if you snapped a photo. I LOVE seeing your recreations!
Maple Sriracha Tofu Bowls
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1-2 tablespoons sriracha to taste
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- ¼ teaspoon ginger powder
- 1 block extra firm tofu drained and pressed
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- oil for frying
- 2 cloves garlic diced
- 1 bunch green onions cut in 1" chunks
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 avocado sliced
- spicy mayo for serving, see notes*
- black sesame seeds for serving
- Combine the soy sauce, maple syrup, sriracha, sesame oil and ginger powder in a bowl and set aside.
- Cut the tofu into cubes and toss with corn starch. Heat some oil in a skillet over medium heat and add the tofu - making sure the pieces don't touch. Cook until browned on most sides (I usually do 4 sides of each cube). Remove from the skillet and add a little more oil. Add the garlic & green onion and cook for a couple minutes.
- Add the tofu back to the skillet and pour in the sauce. Toss until the tofu has absorbed all of the sauce and remove from the heat.
- Serve the tofu over rice with avocado, sesame seeds and spicy mayo.