Kale Caesar Pasta Salad
This Kale Caesar Pasta Salad is dairy-free and absolutely delicious! Fresh kale, chilled farfalle, vegan parmesan, roasted chickpeas, homemade ciabatta croutons & creamy caesar dressing!
It wouldn’t be the first day of spring without a great salad. And this Kale Caesar Pasta Salad has everything you could want! Chopped kale & bowtie pasta are tossed with my homemade vegan caesar dressing and then topped with vegan parmesan, roasted chickpeas & homemade ciabatta croutons. Fresh, filling and delicious!
How to Make Roasted Chickpeas & Ciabatta Croutons
The chickpeas and croutons are cooked at the same time on the same baking sheet. We like to keep things easy around here.
Add cubed ciabatta to one side of a baking sheet and drained chickpeas to the other side. Toss the ciabatta with olive oil, garlic powder and salt. Toss the chickpeas with olive oil, garlic powder, dried parsley, salt & pepper.
Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake for 20 minutes, flipping halfway. Remove from the oven – the chickpeas should be crispy and the bread should be dried out.
How to Make Vegan Caesar Dressing
Vegan caesar salad dressing is one of my absolute favorites! The ingredients for the dressing are pretty straight forward:
Add everything to a food processor and pulse until combined – scrapping down the sides as needed. Give it a taste and adjust any of the seasonings you need to.
While the chickpeas/croutons are baking, cook the pasta according to the package instructions. Drain it and rinse it with cold water.
To assemble, add the pasta, kale, chickpeas, parmesan, croutons and dressing to a large bowl. Toss to combine and serve at room temperature or chilled. If you are making this ahead of time, I would leave off the croutons until right before serving, to keep them crispy.
Need More Recipe Inspo? Check these Out!
Did you Make this Recipe?
If you made this Kale Caesar Pasta Salad I would LOVE to hear what you thought. Be sure to drop a comment and a rating below! You can also tag me on social media if you snapped a photo. I LOVE seeing your recreations!
Kale Caesar Pasta Salad
FOR THE CHICKPEAS & CROUTONS
FOR THE VEGAN CAESAR DRESSING
FOR THE PASTA SALAD
- 12 ounces farfalle dry
- 1/4 cup vegan parmesan
- 2 cups kale chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the ciabatta to one side of the baking sheet with 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 teaspoon garlic powder and a pinch of salt. Toss to coat. To the other side of the baking sheet add the chickpeas, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, dried parsley, pepper and a pinch of salt. Toss to coat. Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes, flipping halfway.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook the pasta according to the package instructions, drain and set aside.
- Add all of the dressing ingredients to a food processor and pulse to combine. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed. Set aside.
- To assemble, add the pasta, kale, chickpeas, parmesan, croutons and dressing to a large bowl. Toss to combine and serve at room temperature or chilled.