This Tahini Kale Caesar with Sweet Potato Fries is the perfect weeknight dinner. Crispy baked fries, vegan kale caesar and slices of avocado!
There is something so great about a really simple and clean meal. And that's exactly what you get with this Tahini Kale Caesar with Sweet Potato Fries! Crispy and baked sweet potato fries paired with a super healthy kale salad. Eat this as a light weeknight dinner or for a hearty lunch.
How to make Tahini Kale Caesar with Sweet Potato Fries
This recipe is super simple and comes together in less than an hour. The longest part of the whole recipe is waiting for the sweet potatoes to cook. So, while the fries are baking, you have plenty of time to whip up the tahini caesar dressing and prep the kale.
The caesar dressing is one I've used before here and here. It is one of my favorite caesar alternatives! The tahini gives it a really nice tang that reminds me of a traditional caesar salad. You can add more or less lemon juice to balance the bitterness of the tahini. And always add plenty of pepper!
How to assemble Tahini Kale Caesar with Sweet Potato Fries
Once the fries are cooked, add the dressing to the kale and give it a good toss. Plate the salad with a big handful of fries and top it off with avocado slices and some more pepper.
You can also reserve some of the dressing to drizzle over the fries!
Need more recipe inspo? Check these out:
Tahini Kale Caesar with Sweet Potato Fries
FOR THE SWEET POTATO FRIES
- 2 large sweet potatoes cut into fries - I didn't peel mine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne optional
- salt & pepper
FOR THE TAHINI CAESAR DRESSING
- ⅓ cup tahini
- 1-2 lemons juiced
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- salt & pepper to taste
- water as needed
FOR THE KALE CAESAR
- 4 cups kale chopped
- 1 avocado
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Add the sweet potato, olive oil, garlic powder, cayenne and a pinch of salt & pepper to a large bowl. Toss to coat evenly and spread out on a baking sheet. Place in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes, flipping after 15.
- While the fries are cooking, combine all of the dressing ingredients in a food processor (you can also just mix it in a bowl). Add water until desired consistency is reached. Set aside.
- To assemble, add dressing to kale and toss to coat. To each plate add kale caesar salad, fries and avocado slices. Top with fresh pepper and serve.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!
Leave a Reply