I'm so excited for these Spicy Black Bean Burgers. Make them ahead of time, freeze…
These Spicy Sofritas Black Bean Bowls are healthy, simple and super delicious. Perfect for meal prepping or busy weeknights!
I have been making this recipe for-EVER. Like, before I was even vegan. It has always been a hit in my house and just so happened to be meat and dairy free. So of course, I had to share this recipe with you here on TSV. I honestly don’t know why it has taken me so long to get this recipe up, but I’m glad the day has finally come.
Bowls on bowls on bowls.
I can’t get enough.
What’s not to love? You get to throw a bunch of tasty things into a bowl, mix it up and devour (or at least that’s what I do). And this bowl is no different.
A combination of chipotle peppers in adobo, salsa, onion and garlic are blended up to make this yummy sauce. It is then mixed in with crumbled tofu and black beans. Serve it up with some rice (or quinoa) and fresh avocado and you have the perfect meal.
Spicy Sofritas Black Bean Bowls
FOR THE SOFRITAS
- 6 oz can chipotles in adobo
- 1 small jalapeno
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup chunky salsa
- 1/4 red onion roughly chopped
- 1/2 lime juiced
- salt to taste (if needed)
- sugar optional
- 16 oz firm tofu
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 15 oz can black beans drained and rinsed
FOR THE BOWLS
- 2 cups leftover cooked white rice or quinoa
- 3 avocados
- 1/2 lime juiced
- 1/4 red onion diced
- salt to taste
- lime wedges
- Add chipotles, jalapeno, garlic, salsa, red onion and lime to a blender or food processor. Combine until smooth (adding water if needed). Taste and add salt if needed.* Set aside until ready to use.
- Drain and press tofu. Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add tofu to the pan and break it apart with a potato masher or wooden spoon. Sauté for 1-2 minutes, or until tofu begins to brown slightly. Add sauce and black beans to the tofu and stir to combine. Allow to cook for an additional 5-7 minutes, stirring frequently.
- While the sofritas is cooking, peel and pit avocados. Put in a bowl and mash with a fork. Add lime juice, red onion, salt and cilantro (to taste) and stir to combine.
- To assemble bowls, add 1/2 cup of rice to the bowl, followed by 1/2 cup sofritas mixture and a dollop of guacamole. Top bowls with additional cilantro and serve with a lime wedge. Enjoy!
*This recipe is inspired by Pinch of Yum’s Spicy Sofritas Veggie Bowls.