Raw veggies are tossed together with rice noodles and a tahini dressing in these Asian Tahini Noodle Bowls. A quick vegan dinner or make ahead lunch!
Lately I am all about bowls.
Bowls of salad, bowls of noodles, Buddha bowls…if it will fit in a bowl, I’m eating it. And with all of these bowls in my life, I was inspired to make these super quick, super tasty Asian Tahini Noodle Bowls.
Now, I’m not going to lie, this tahini sauce is pretty freaking tasty. It may be giving my Spicy Peanut Sauce a run for its money. And the funny thing is it’s not even spicy! Shocker, I know. I’m usually all about the spice, but for today’s recipe we’re keeping it tame. Well, tame when it comes to spice, but not when it comes to flavor.
This sauce has all of the good stuff. Ginger, garlic, soy sauce. Combine that will tangy tahini and you have a truly dreamy, creamy sauce. Plus it is super easy to make!
Whether you serve this dish hot or cold (I went the cold route, but hot would be totally good too!), I know you are going to be sharing in my love for all things in bowls.
This also makes a great make ahead lunch! Prep all of the veggies, cook the noodles, and make the sauce. Separate everything into individual containers and you are lunch ready.
More of a visual person? Check out the video:
Asian Tahini Noodle Bowls
FOR THE TAHINI SAUCE
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 3 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tsp sriracha
- 1.5 tsp ginger paste
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1.5 tsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp agave
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/4 cup water plus more to taste
FOR THE BOWLS
- 8 oz rice noodles
- 1 tsp oil sesame or olive
- 2 bell peppers diced
- 1 large carrot diced
- 2 cups spinach chopped
- cilantro for topping, to taste
- 2 green onions for topping, chopped
- sesame seeds for topping, to taste
- Prepare the tahini sauce by combining all of the ingredients in a blender. Blend until combined, adding more water if needed. Set aside until ready to use.
- Prepare rice noodles according to package instructions. After they have finished cooking, rinse noodles under cold water. Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Add cooked noodles to the pan with 1-2 tablespoons of the tahini sauce and sauté for 2 minutes. Remove from the pan to cool.*
- Once the noodles are cool, combine them with the bell peppers, carrot & spinach and toss to combine.
- Divide noodles and veggies among 4 bowls and top with green onion, cilantro, sesame seeds, and desired amount of tahini sauce.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!