This Everything But the Bagel Vegan Flatbread is made with sun-dried tomatoes, shallots and a white sauce. Topped off with arugula & basil.
When you sprinkle everything but the bagel seasoning on just about anything, it takes it to another level. And why limit yourself to just using it on toast when you can use it on pizza!!! This flatbread is so easy to make and makes a great appetizer!
How to make Everything But the Bagel Vegan Flatbread
Start out by letting your dough come to room temperature and preheating your oven. While that is happening, heat some oil from a sun-dried tomato jar and sauté shallot, garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, salt & pepper. You only need to let everything soften, so just a couple of minutes.
The other component is my favorite vegan cheese replacement. I make it by combining vegan cream cheese and vegan creamer. It will start out runny, but after it bakes, it has a similar texture to melted cheese. I swear by it!
Layer the dough with the shallot mixture, then spread the “cheese” mixture over top. Pop it in the oven for 10 minutes. Add some arugula & everything but the bagel seasoning and finish it off in the oven for 3 more minutes.
How to serve Everything But the Bagel Vegan Flatbread
Once the flatbread is done, slice it up and add some more arugula, fresh basil and some red pepper flakes. The flavors in this flatbread are just meant to be!
You can also bulk this up with more veggies or some vegan sausage for a more filling pizza!
Need more recipe inspo? Check these out:
Everything But the Bagel Vegan Flatbread
- 1 16-ounce package pre-made pizza dough
- cornmeal for rolling out dough
- 1 tbsp sun-dried tomato oil from the jar
- 2 tbsp sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 shallot thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic diced
- salt & pepper
- red pepper flakes
- 4 tbsp vegan cream cheese
- 3 tbsp vegan creamer* unsweetened
- everything but the bagel seasoning
- arugula, olive oil, basil, red pepper flakes for serving
- Place the dough on a surface lightly covered in cornmeal and preheat the oven to 500 degrees. Allow the dough to come to room temperature and the oven to preheat for 30 minutes.
- While the dough is resting, add the sun-dried tomato oil to a pan over medium heat. Add the sun-dried tomatoes, shallot, garlic and a pinch of salt, pepper & red pepper flakes. Cook for a couple of minutes, or until everything has softened. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Combine the cream cheese and creamer in a bowl and whisk until smooth. Set aside.
- To assemble stretch the dough out on a lightly oiled baking sheet. Spread the shallot mixture out on the dough. Drizzle the cream cheese mixture over top. Place in the oven and bake for 10 minutes. Add everything but the bagel seasoning and some arugula, and bake for 3 more minutes.
- Remove from the oven and top with more arugula, basil, red pepper flakes and a drizzle of olive oil (optional). Slice and serve!
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!