These Crispy Poblano & Potato Tacos are the BEST vegan tacos! Crispy shells are loaded with refried beans, roasted potatoes & tender poblano slices. Then they are served up with a creamy vegan sauce.
Vegan tacos are never a bad idea. And these ones are especially delicious. Potatoes and poblanos are roasted until tender, then they are layered in a corn tortilla with vegan refried beans and baked until crispy. Serve them up with a creamy sauce and all of your other favorite taco toppings!
How to make Crispy Poblano & Potato Tacos
Start out by roasting the potatoes and poblanos. Place them on a baking sheet with some oil (I used avocado oil) and a couple tablespoons of taco seasoning. Toss until everything is coated and bake for 25 minutes - be sure to keep an eye on the peppers, so they don't burn.
While the veggies are roasting, make the sauce. Combine vegan mayo, parsley, garlic, lime juice, lime zest, salt, pepper and hot sauce. Give it a stir, a taste and set aside.
Once the veggies are cooked, heat up some corn tortillas in the microwave. Coat each tortilla in oil and spread a layer of refried beans on one side. Add some potatoes and peppers and fold in half. Place the finished tacos on a baking sheet and bake for 15-ish minutes, or until crispy!
How to serve Crispy Poblano & Potato Tacos
Now when it comes to serving these tacos, you have PLENTY of options. Obviously add some of that creamy sauce we made. But I also like to serve mine with pico de gallo, shredded lettuce and extra lime wedges.
Need more recipe inspo? Check these out:
Crispy Poblano & Potato Tacos
FOR THE POTATOES
- 1 pound potatoes cut in bite-sized pieces
- 2 poblano peppers de-seeded and sliced
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- oil I used avocado
FOR THE SAUCE
- 4 tablespoons vegan mayo
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley finely diced
- 1 clove garlic finely diced
- ½ lime juiced
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- salt & pepper to taste
- hot sauce optional
FOR THE TACOS
- 1 cup refried beans
- 8 corn tortillas
- oil I used avocado
- pico de gallo, lettuce, red onion, lime wedges optional, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Add the potatoes, poblano, a drizzle of oil and taco seasoning to the baking dish. Toss to coat evenly. Place in the oven and bake for 25 minutes, flipping halfway. Be sure to keep an eye on the poblano so that it doesn't burn. Remove from the oven.
- Combine the sauce ingredients in a bowl and stir to combine. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed. Set aside.
- Lower the oven to 400 degrees. Transfer the beans to a bowl and add a splash of water to make them easier to spread. Wrap the tortillas in a moist paper towel and place in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- Working one at a time, coat a tortilla in oil and spread a layer of beans on one side. Top the beans with some poblano slices and potatoes. Fold in half and place on a baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
- Place the tacos in the oven and cook for 10 minutes. Flip and cook for an additional 5 minutes, or until crispy.
- Remove from the oven and serve with the sauce and optional toppings.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!