These Vegan Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes are a garlic lovers dream. Perfectly creamy and the…
Make your next Sunday dinner a showstopper with these Creamy Vegan Rosemary Mashed Potatoes. The perfect savory side dish.
Like I mentioned last week, I am going to be sharing one Vegan Thanksgiving recipe with you every week up until the big day.
Because vegans deserve delicious holiday food too!
Last week I shared with you the centerpiece of every Thanksgiving dinner – The Best Vegan Gravy.
This gravy takes so little work but delivers on flavor in a big way!
You will want to make this all the time once you realize how easy it is.
And this week we are moving onto gravy’s BFF – mashed potatoes.
These aren’t just any mashed potatoes though. They are creamy, potato clouds that are packed with fresh herbs, vegan butter and a whole lotta love. But seriously, these potatoes are to die for.
How to make Creamy Vegan Rosemary Mashed Potatoes
Fresh rosemary makes these a little different than your typical mashed potatoes. It is just enough flavor to tingle the tastebuds in the best way possible.
*I have a more traditional recipe that I shared last year – you can get that recipe here.
When I make mashed potatoes, I prefer to mash them by hand (rather than with an electric mixer). I think it keeps them from becoming over-whipped and starchy. Plus it really isn’t that much more work.
You can get a hand masher pretty much anywhere. I think I got mine at Target – something similar to this.
My only other recommendation for this recipe is to use my favorite vegan butter – Earth Balance. It’s not like there are that many options out there for vegan butter, but this one tastes the most like traditional butter and hence, will have your non-vegan Thanksgiving guests never knowing the difference!
Be sure to check back next week when I share my Traditional Vegan Dressing (stuffing) recipe!
Need more Thanksgiving inspo? Check out all of my recipes for the big day here.
Creamy Vegan Rosemary Mashed Potatoes
- 3 large russet potatoes
- 1/4 cup vegan butter separated
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary finely chopped
- 1 cup non-dairy milk, unsweetened
- 4 oz vegan cream cheese*
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp seasoning salt**
- pepper to taste
- Peel potatoes and cut into 1″ chunks. Place in a large pot and cover with water. Cover pot with the lid and place on the stove over high heat. Bring to a boil, remove cover and simmer until potatoes are fork tender (approx. 20-25 minutes).
- While potatoes are boiling. Place a pan on the stove over medium heat. Add 2 tbsp. of butter to the pan and stir until melted. Add minced garlic and rosemary to the pan and saute until garlic is tender (approx. 3-5 minutes). Remove from heat and set aside.
- Drain the potatoes and place them back in the pot on the stove with no heat. Add remaining butter, milk and cream cheese to the pot and mash potatoes with a potato masher. Do this until potatoes are completely smooth.
- Stir in garlic/rosemary mixture, garlic powder, pepper and seasoning salt. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
- Serve and enjoy!
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!