This Avocado Hummus Toast with Burst Tomatoes is the perfect breakfast for the warmer months. Creamy, crunchy and totally delicious!
Just when you thought I couldn't come up with another avocado toast recipe for you guys...here we are. And let's be honest, it probably won't be the last.
Today we are taking all of my favorite things, putting them on top of toast and chowing down.
Cherry tomatoes have become a staple in my life. If I forget to buy them at the store one week, I am genuinely sad. And that is because they can go on so many things.
Earlier this week I used some in my Mediterranean Couscous Salad and today we are cooking them on the stovetop with fresh garlic and basil - drool. They are going to get super soft and juicy - making them the best topper for this yummy toast.
Once you have your tomatoes cooked, you're pretty much done. Mix together your avocado and hummus with some salt, pepper & red pepper flakes. Spread that out on your favorite bread - I obviously used sourdough - add some fresh arugula and finish it off with the tomatoes.
This toast is so simple and quick - and I don't know about you, but I've definitely paid way more for avocado toast at a restaurant that is no where near as satisfying! Yes, I am a true millennial. Do yourself a favor, skip the restaurant and make this at home!
Avocado Hummus Toast with Burst Tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes cut in half
- salt & pepper to taste
- red pepper flakes to taste
- 3 cloves garlic or to taste, chopped
- 3 large basil leaves chopped
- 1 avocado
- ¼ cup hummus
- 4 small slices bread I used 2 large slices of sourdough and cut them in half
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add tomatoes with a pinch of salt, pepper & pepper flakes. Sauté until tomatoes begin to soften. Add the garlic and sauté for an additional minute. Lastly add the basil and remove your pan from the heat.
- While the tomatoes are cooking, combine the avocado, hummus and a pinch of salt, pepper and red pepper flakes in a bowl. Mash the avocado until everything is combined.
- When your tomatoes are almost done, toast your bread.
- Split the avocado/hummus mixture evenly between the toast. Top each slice with some arugula followed by the tomatoes. Serve with additional red pepper flakes.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!
This was delicious and my boyfriend said "mm yummy" on his first bite - he doesn't often say this 😛
Yay! Love getting the bf stamp of approval 😉
Harry & Senovia Wyche
Excellent. We have tried this recipe. Also the Black Bean Green Chili Enchiladas with Vegan Jalapeno Cream sauce. The Roasted Tomato Sandwiches with Vegan Lemon Garlic Aioli. Vegan Cream Cheese Recipe. The Southwest Chopped Salad with Vegan Cilantro Ranch. All so far are delicious. We will never go out to eat again.
Yay! I'm so happy you have found so many recipes you like - eating out is overrated anyways 🙂
I made these for Easter.. Everyone loved them
This was excellent! Definitely making again!
Yay! So glad you liked it!
What kind of hummus do you use? I am oilfree vegan and make my own hummus. Help ?
The only oil-free hummus I have bought pre-made is from Trader Joe's. It is their eggplant hummus and it is AWESOME! Hopefully you live close to one 🙂