Chipotle Agave Tofu Bowls
These Chipotle Agave Tofu Bowls have marinated & baked tofu, steamed rice and a avocado jalapeño salsa. The perfect vegan dinner!
I have been on a bowl kick lately. They make such easy dinners and the leftovers are perfect for lunch the next day! The tofu is marinated in a chipotle agave sauce before being baked until crispy. The avocado jalapeño salsa has the perfect amount of sweetness, spice and tang. And the chipotle mayo is just delicious. These tofu bowls are ready in less than an hour!
How to Make Chipotle Agave Tofu
The marinade for the tofu is super simple and takes just a minute to make. Combine oil, chopped chipotles, agave and soy sauce in a bowl.
Drain, press and cube a block of extra firm tofu. Add it to a large bowl and pour the marinade over the cubes. Toss to coat evenly and then transfer the tofu to a parchment-lined baking sheet.
Bake the tofu for 20 minutes. Flip it and cook it for another 5-10 minutes. The tofu should have some nice charred bits on the edges when it is done.
How to Make the Avocado Jalapeño Salsa
This salsa is something I could eat everyday! Large chunks of avocado are tossed with oil, agave, lime juice, cumin, salt, pepper, cilantro, corn and vegan feta.
The mix of creamy avocado, crunchy corn, spicy jalapeño and tangy vegan feta is to die for. The agave gives it a little bit of sweetness. This salsa adds the perfect balance to the chipotle tofu and is a must for these bowls!
How to Assemble
Now, it is time to bring the bowls together. Add some cooked rice to each bowl. Top the rice with the crispy tofu and spoon the avocado jalapeño salsa over everything.
I also added a side of chipotle mayo (see the recipe notes), because you can never have enough sauce.
Top it all off with some more cilantro and add some lime wedges to the side. These are best served right away, but the tofu can be reheated for lunches the next day!
Need More Recipe Inspo? Check these Out!
Did you Make this Recipe?
If you made these Chipotle Agave Tofu Bowls I would LOVE to hear what you thought. Be sure to drop a comment and a rating below! You can also tag me on social media if you snapped a photo. I LOVE seeing your recreations!
Chipotle Agave Tofu Bowls
FOR THE TOFU
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons agave or sub maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1-2 tablespoons chipotles in adobo chopped
- 1 block extra firm tofu drained, pressed and cubed
FOR THE AVOCADO SALSA
FOR THE BOWLS
- 2 cups cooked rice
- chipotle mayo see notes
- lime wedges
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Combine the oil, agave, soy sauce and chipotles in a bowl. Toss with the cubed tofu and transfer to the baking sheet. Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes. Flip and cook for another 5-10 minutes, or until crispy.
- Combine all of the avocado salsa ingredients in a bowl and toss to combine. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
- To serve, add rice to each bowl and top with tofu & avocado salsa. Serve with chipotle mayo and lime wedges.
I made these tonight and they were a HUGE hit!I will definitely be making them again. Thanks for a fantastic recipe 🇲🇽!!!
So glad you liked it Heather!
Yowza!! I underestimated the chipotles. But yummy.