This vegan Candy Cane Pizza Crescent is a super fun Christmas recipe. Load it up with your favorite pizza toppings, bake and eat!
This Christmas appetizer is one of my favorites! It is so festive, incredibly easy and can be adapted with any of your favorite pizza toppings. Crescent dough is layered with vegan pesto, sun-dried tomatoes, vegan feta and vegan pepperoni. Everything gets wrapped up and then topped with vegan butter and everything seasoning before being baked. Once the dough is browned, remove it from the oven and slice into eight pieces.
Is Crescent Dough Vegan?
Yep, most crescent dough is vegan! Lucky for us. Just be sure to check the label to be sure, but the one from Trader Joe's and Pillsbury are both vegan-friendly.
To make this candy cane, unroll the crescent dough into the 8 pre-cut triangles. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and layer the triangles in the shape of a candy cane.
When it comes to the filling, you have lots of options. You can use whatever pizza toppings you like, but I went with:
- vegan pesto
- sun-dried tomatoes
- vegan feta
- vegan pepperoni
Layer the filling on the wider side of each triangle, then pull the smaller side over top and tuck the tail underneath. Brush the dough with vegan butter and sprinkle with everything seasoning.
How to Serve
Place the pizza crescent in the oven and bake for 15-17 minutes. You want the dough to be brown & crispy and the filling to be hot & bubbly.
When you remove it from the oven, let it cool for a few minutes so the filling can settle. Slice it into 8 pieces and serve hot. You could also have some warm marinara on the side for dipping.
Need More Recipe Inspo? Check these Out!
Did you Make this Recipe?
If you made this Candy Cane Pizza Crescent I would LOVE to hear what you thought. Be sure to drop a comment and a rating below! You can also tag me on social media if you snapped a photo. I LOVE seeing your recreations!
Candy Cane Pizza Crescent
- 1 can crescent rolls
- 4 tablespoons vegan pesto
- 4 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes
- 3 ounces vegan feta crumbled
- vegan pepperoni I used Field Roast
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter melted
- everything seasoning
- fresh basil for serving
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll out the crescent dough and layer each triangle on the baking sheet in the shape of a candy cane. On the wider side of each triangle layer pesto, sun-dried tomatoes, feta and pepperoni.
- Fold the smaller side of each triangle over the filling and tuck it underneath. Brush with the melted butter and sprinkle with everything seasoning. Place in the oven and bake for 15-17 minutes, or until the dough is browned.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for a few minutes. Slice into 8 pieces and serve.