Bean & Rice Burrito Bowls
These Bean & Rice Burrito Bowls are the perfect healthy dinner. Black beans, pinto beans, rice, vegan ranch and avocado salsa!
With back-to-school season right around the corner, this month is all about quick and easy dinner ideas. And these Bean & Rice Burrito Bowls are quick, easy and delicious. Simple and flavor-packed is the name of the game, and these burrito bowls deliver!
Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 2-3 minutes. Pour in the beans and dry seasonings. Cook down for 5-10 minutes, or until the beans are heated through. Taste and adjust the seasonings as needed.
And that’s it! I’m telling you, super easy!
Step Two: Make the Vegan Ranch
This vegan ranch is the ultimate condiment – I personally think it tastes way better than the store-bought stuff. And it is super easy to adjust to your liking. Here is what you need:
- vegan mayo
- olive oil
- fresh chives
- fresh dill
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- dried parsley
- apple cider vinegar
- salt & pepper
Add everything to a bowl and stir to combine. Taste and adjust the seasonings as needed!
Step Three: Make Avocado Corn Salsa
To make it, cube a couple avocados and toss them with dry seasonings, lime juice, corn, cilantro and a serrano pepper. Skip the pepper if you don’t like heat.
Give everything a good toss and give it a taste – you can always add more lime juice or salt!
Step Four: Assemble
To assemble the bowls, layer each one with rice, beans, avocado salsa and pico de gallo. Drizzle on some of that vegan ranch and serve it up with lime wedges on the side.
These bowls are great for quick dinners or make ahead lunches. Everything will keep in the fridge for a few days, so easy for meal prepping!
Need more recipe inspo? Check these out:
Bean & Rice Burrito Bowls
FOR THE BEANS
FOR THE VEGAN RANCH
FOR THE AVOCADO SALSA
FOR THE BOWLS
- 2 cups cooked rice
- cilantro, pico de gallo, lime wedges for serving
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 2-3 minutes. Pour in the beans and dry seasonings. Cook down for 5-10 minutes, or until the beans are heated through. Taste and adjust the seasonings as needed.
- Add all of the ranch ingredients to a bowl and stir to combine. Taste and adjust the seasonings as needed.
- Add the salsa ingredients to a bowl and toss to combine. Set aside.
- To assemble, layer each bowl with rice, beans, avocado salsa and pico. Drizzle with the ranch and serve with cilantro & lime wedges.
- This makes more vegan ranch then you will need. The leftovers can be saved in the fridge for 2-3 days.
- The nutrition info does not include the vegan ranch.